poultry medicine cabinet

If you were to have one antibiotic on hand to deal with whatever comes up which would you choose? I'm making an official kit tomorrow.

My DH wants me to make one for our critters. Luckily most of the stuff can be used for my dogs, cats and horse since we will all be traveling to our new home soon... I hate long drives... My one cat is worse than a backseat driver! I don't think he likes my driving.

I hadn't thought to make a kit. I have DE and a few of the other items laying around though so that's a start. I think I'll pick up Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus too! Thanks.

What is the Apple Cider Vinegar for if I may ask?

I hadn't thought to make a kit. I have DE and a few of the other items laying around though so that's a start. I think I'll pick up Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus too! Thanks.

What is the Apple Cider Vinegar for if I may ask?
Apple Cider Vinegar, if I'm not mistaken, is used as a preventative wormer in the water. I could be wrong, so if I am, someone please correct me.

Apple Cider Vinegar, if I'm not mistaken, is used as a preventative wormer in the water. I could be wrong, so if I am, someone please correct me.

The ACV you'd want to use is raw unfiltered "from the Mother" Apple Cider Vinegar. It doesn't really prevent worms. It does help to keep the pH levels in the gut in check though, from what I understand. It also helps keep any algae out of your waterers. You do not want to use any galvanized metal waterers in conjuntion with the ACV however. The acid in the ACV has a reaction with the metal and can make your flock very sick.

The ACV you'd want to use is raw unfiltered "from the Mother" Apple Cider Vinegar. It doesn't really prevent worms. It does help to keep the pH levels in the gut in check though, from what I understand. It also helps keep any algae out of your waterers. You do not want to use any galvanized metal waterers in conjuntion with the ACV however. The acid in the ACV has a reaction with the metal and can make your flock very sick.
The reason I said preventative worm treatment is because somewhere else on this site someone said they used it in the water after worming to aid in the bird passing the worms. I'm here to learn and just sharing what I have found. Thanks for the correction!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks, both of you. I'll pick some up. Our waterer is plastic so I should be alright with that. :) I learn so much from you guys!

>triple antibiotic with pain killer

I have always been told (and have seen throughout this forum) that you're only supposed to use the triple antibiotic without the painkiller in it. Can anyone confirm?

Great and thorough list, btw!

Back
Top Bottom