Poults by Mail timeline?! Their here!!!

spook

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
North Central Florida
Hey guys, I'd like to hear if you have ordered turkey poults from MM. What I wonder is they told me they ship poults Tues-Fri, when do they come to the local post office. I've been waiting with anticipation, the box warm, everything set up!

barnie.gif

Last edited:
I did not get my turkeys from MM but did get my laying hen from them all are doing well 19 wk old today first egg last night

My turkeys were orderd from Cakel hatchery Mailed on wensday here in SC friday morning along with the cornish chicks
I did have 4 starve outs [ tryed to get them to eat but only would drink ] One not sure where it went to Mine are 4 weeks and flying [ over the fence maybe ]
Hope the post office there is as good as our's Betty our carrier and barbra in the office [ My coop is almost as big as post office ]

Have fun with your new babys take a large glass of ice water you will want sit and watch them all day
They run they jump they tyr to fly

I didn't get my poults from MM either, but I did get 53 chicks from them. They were VERY healthy. I didn't lose one! This is my first time for chicks and poults, so I'm really pleased.
celebrate.gif
My chicks didn't go thru the mail though, we picked them up at the hatchery. Hope yours are healthy when they arrive. They are so fun to watch.
clap.gif

Thank you so much, the babies arrived this morning, loud, lively, thirsty and hungry.
It cannot get any better then that. I placed marbles in the feed dish and waterer. A local guy told me that and bingo, great idea. All they have done is move the marbles around and realize its water.

I use marbles in the chick waterers, ever since I lost a bantam chick drowning, I make them pick between marbles.
When we ordered the poults, as a reccomendation of someone here from BYC, the starter stuff - duh... when you put it in a 1/2 cup of water it turns to a green jell. They were all over that!
Its interesting to see how nature works. The feed dish was empty in the bottom of the box, after I gave everyone a first drink, they all ran for the metal feeder! Looked in, as soon as it was filled they began pecking.

Lets hope the buggers get through this first week or two. One is not right, it walks the boundries of the box peeping very loudly.
Oh, I learned why you don't put them on shavings right off...they eat it! MY gosh!!!

Again, thank you for your kindness!!!

Sounds like they had a good trip to you and are off to a good start!!!!!!! Keep plenty of food and water in with them and make sure they have enough room to move around. Keep an eye that they all keep eating.

Where are the pic?????
smile.png

Steve

hide.gif
pictures as soon as this certain ding bat charges them.
barnie.gif

They are in a 5' long box, 3' deep. Its 101 below the heat lamp itsself and they are resting comfortably in clumps of 3 +/- . They certainly can drink and eat!!!
So photos in 3 hours or so.

Back
Top Bottom