Poult's wing is wierd - feathers separated (PHOTO ADDED)

How are they doing? My baby turkeys are doing the same thing with there wings.
I wouldn't worry about it. One of my hens had an angel wing when she was fully feathered but a teenager, and she grew out of it. If you are concerned after awhile though you could always get some vet wrap and just lightly wrap them into place for a couple of days. You shouldn't need to, though.

Turkeys can get angel wing what you do to correct it is take some small strips of tape and tape them aligned with the other feathers for a few days then take the tape off and it should be corrected if not retape for a few more days

Turkeys can get angel wing what you do to correct it is take some small strips of tape and tape them aligned with the other feathers for a few days then take the tape off and it should be corrected if not retape for a few more days
Those of us that have been raising turkeys for a long time do not tape up turkey wings. It is normal and they grow out of it.

As per @Bo Garrett

"Angel wing is a condition specific to waterfowl, turkeys and chickens have what is called a slipped wing"

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-with-angel-wing.1455685/post-24244318

No I have never done the taping either but some people just want to know how to fix it if possible. Tape is mean and it rips out the needed feathers when taking it off just thought I would post how to correct it and let others decide if they want to

I think it gives them a great personality and makes them different from the rest I have one named jurkey cause she was just born a jurk lol but sooooo much fun

Back
Top Bottom