Power breakdown on the 3rd day

orangesplash

Songster
Feb 26, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
don’t know what happened at night, either the electric socket plug got loose or something and the incubator got off for don’t know how many hours. When I came to see the incubator in the morning, it was 23.7 degree Celsius temperature.

Have I lost all my eggs ?

I am so upset and worried

Hatching eggs can be left for up to 10 hours by their mother and they will still usually hatch. especially this early I think they will be fine. I collect my chickens eggs and hatch them and who knows how long they sat in the nesting box before I collected them, it could of been days.

At day 3 I wouldn't worry too much. Have you gotten the heat back up where it is supposed to be? We often have power failures here where the temperature drops quite a bit but but most eggs will still hatch. A hen will get off the nest every day to eat and drink and her eggs will cool down while she is off the nest. So don't give up on them yet. You might want to candle the eggs on day 7 and see if they are developing. ;)

They should be OK, since mother hens can leave their eggs for a while, and you're only on day 3. In my most recent hatch, the incubator got unplugged on day 2. I was worried about them, and couldn't really tell from candling how well they were doing, so I left them all in the incubator. Hatch day came and went with no movement, but on day 23 they all started hatching. The temperature decrease early in incubation had only delayed the development process. I got 10/12, and one was infertile. They're all still very healthy, so I won't worry too much. Good luck!

Thank you so much I was so worried. Thanks friends for helping me out.

Now another dilemma— the Brinsea maxi 2 gives me trouble with humidity levels... i have the tube connected to the pump cut according to the length in the diagram and also I have good perfect humidity level before this power shut down... what may have gone wrong that the humidity is going up and not fixed on the required level..

Need help please

Thank you so much I was so worried. Thanks friends for helping me out.

Now another dilemma— the Brinsea maxi 2 gives me trouble with humidity levels... i have the tube connected to the pump cut according to the length in the diagram and also I have good perfect humidity level before this power shut down... what may have gone wrong that the humidity is going up and not fixed on the required level..

Need help please

I don't know anything about the incubator set up that you have but I do know that humidity levels will spike way up when the power is off. I usually open the incubator to let out the excess moisture and the humidity will stabilize after the unit has run for a while.

They should be OK, since mother hens can leave their eggs for a while, and you're only on day 3. In my most recent hatch, the incubator got unplugged on day 2. I was worried about them, and couldn't really tell from candling how well they were doing, so I left them all in the incubator. Hatch day came and went with no movement, but on day 23 they all started hatching. The temperature decrease early in incubation had only delayed the development process. I got 10/12, and one was infertile. They're all still very healthy, so I won't worry too much. Good luck!

And are the babies well enough? No abnormality ?

Back
Top Bottom