Power off for an hour, now my 1588 wont come up to temp??

KYBOY

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eastern,Kentucky
Our power went off for an hour..Befor that my 1588 was reading a constant 99.7-99.9..After the power came back on the bator wont come back up to temp..It levels out at 98.4-98.6..
hmm.png
Its been over 12 hours now..The bator was plugged into a surge protector..I checked the accurite in my other 1588 and its dead on at 99.7..What gives???
Edited: I reset it to factory settings just to be safe and it still reads the same.(It was on the factory settings to start with).I guess Ill see if it hatches late..Ive always got good hatches out of it before.

Last edited:
My power went off this morning for 2 hours, inc got down to 89F , im not too worried about it
smile.png

I was more worried about my chicks in the brooder...SO! I gathered up all 5 and put them under the blankets with me...before i knew it I had fallen asleep, and when I woke up all were in my shirt cuddled up against my stomach
lau.gif
Then 5 mins later the power came back on....AND they didnt poo until AFTER i got up haha yay! *i didnt get pooed on* LOL

Quote:
Arghhhh...that stinks. I went through it in Dec.
sad.png
We had a bad ice storm and were w/out power for 3 days.....I lost 2 incubators full of eggs...one was my hatcher with eggs on day 19/20
hit.gif

fl.gif
for the power to come back quickly and for your chickies to make it.

One of the tips I was given..... put boiling water in a jar and stick it in the bator to try and get your temp up....
fl.gif
and
hugs.gif
good luck

I know it's a little pricey but I do recommend buying a small generator, not in the middle of an outage of course.
But maybe in the future. Our incubating eggs and brooding babies are so dependent on us having power.
We bought a nice one from Costco last year because I raise beef and I figured two freezers full of ruined beef would cost more than a generator.
But the first time I needed used the generator was when we had our power go out while having a brooder full a baby geese and one full of 2 day old chicks.
It was such a blessing to have it when little lives depended on it!
Carolyn

I had PerfectlyPolish's 1588 running for around 6 weeks. The temps
did fall to 98 when the room temp fell to 60. A degree under is not
a big deal.

BawGock's suggestion of a generator is one I suggest often along
with an inexpensive inverter that can be run off your car for short term
outages.

The 1588 comes with a transformer that drops the voltage to 12 volts, so you could use a car battery in a pinch. Mine won't hold temperature if the rooms drops below 65 degrees.

Well I run both of my 1588's together at the same time and periodically checked the temps against each other..there was a small variance, less than 1*..I am becoming highly suspicious of my accurite as its been acting a bit wacky lately..Ive been using it for over a year..It may be losing its accuracy
hmm.png
I think Im gonna trust the thermostat, it hasnt let me down before..Ill just make sure and keep the room temp stable..That in itself has been hard lately as we have had some super hard freezes..

Back
Top Bottom