Power out for 3 hrs. Update!!! Hatch report

What I have done is using gas water heater and ice pack, fill that one with hot water and put inside incubator. however you would have to replace the hot water often to keep them too chilled. Keep an eye out on the temps in the bator.

Worked well for day old chicks when I lost power, had ice packs and filled them with hot water and they all snoozed on it like a big pillow. Please enclose the ice pack bag with plastic ziploc and wrap it in towel so they dont get all poopy on.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies. I think they may be ok. Candled some more and the little fellers' are sure moving around, so I think they will be ok...Again thanks for the replies..Perry.
D.gif

Glad they're still wiggling around! We got lucky and didn't lose power last night. Snow, then ice, now rain. Basement will probably get wet. But the bator is upstairs so who cares!?!? LOL I have my priorities straight.

Congrautlations on the hatch! I would say 80% is a great hatch rate after reading some of these other posts and you had the power outage too!

Hatchedchick.jpg

Back
Top Bottom