1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Power out overnight--are they ok?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by moonflowerfarms, Feb 29, 2016.

1. moonflowerfarms

moonflowerfarms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2012
    Golden, CO
    Hi all, I have our first batch of eggs from our chickens and rooster in the incubator. It was on and fine last night, but this morning I went to check and the plug had fallen out. So I put it back in and it turned on again. Best guess is that the cat had a little too much fun last night and hit it on her runs of crazy around the room. It was down to 75deg inside according to our egg-level thermometer. They are just over a week in (7 days yesterday, 8 today). Are they going to be ok, or are they a lost cause? Thanks!

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Eggs are pretty resilient. A lot depends on how long they were at that temps. I would candle them tonight after they've been warmed back up for the day and you'll have an idea of how they are doing. Good luck!

3. kuchchicks

kuchchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    My aunt had the same thing happen a few years back. She ended up with a successful hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by