Power outage during incubation

Cluck_Cottage_Nl

Chirping
Sep 1, 2022
Hi,
We have a scheduled power outage for this area for estimated 5 hours, do you remove the cover from your incubator? Or leave as it is until power cuts back on?
What is everyone's experience with this situation? I have eggs in there from one of my flock that I since lost šŸ˜” I'm worried my eggs will be lost

I wonder if it would work to use whatever hot water you have on your water heater to fill up a basin and put the incubator on top of that for ambient heat and humidity. Keep changing it until you run out of hot water.

5 hours is not that long and the eggs will most likely be just fine if you leave them in the incubator and leave the incubator alone.... If they are not on the first couple of days of incubation.

What day are the eggs on?

You can put hot water bottle/s in your incubator. If the ambient temperature is not too low the egs can do fine for five hours without the incubator being covered.

Please keep in mind that when your electricity does come back on and your incubator is heating back up.... You'll need to pay close attention for the first couple of hours to the temperature inside the incubator.
It is possible that your incubator heats up too quickly and overheats.

Back
Top Bottom