Powhatan Virginia Swap Meet November 1st

AussieSharon

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Virginia
POULTRY SWAP AND SELL

Bring your feathered friends & small animals to sell.

Saturday Nov 1st
8am - 12 noon
Fee to set up $5

Hertzler Farm & Feed
3209 Buckingham Rd
Powhatan VA 23139

All poultry and small animals welcome. No sales of feed and supplies BUT homemade supplies, coops, nesting boxes etc are OK

Good Morning Sharon!

I have been long considering doing some backyard chicken raising. I live on my family farm, but at this point the "farm" is limited to pets. I would like my sons to experience a little of the farm life I had as a child! Thank you for your posting about the Chicken Swap in Powhatan VA. We are just a little over an hour south and am looking forward to attending.

I could not help but notice you user name "AussieSharon" because I'm about to marry an "Aussie" at New Years!

Until November 1st, I'm going to keep doing my homework and put the finishing touches on my coop!

Yours truly,
Elizabeth

G'day Elizabeth and congratulations on your upcoming marriage! I've lived in the States for 17 years but grew up in Victoria Australia. All of my family is still there.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Powhatan Swap. There is also a Swap in Farmville on Oct 18th if you're interested.

Cheers

Sharon
smile.png

I may be there too! I've already to DH about it and he didn't say no... yet.
smile.png

QUESTION... is it OK to transport my new girls and possibly roo in large boxes? I don't really have any cages except for two extremely tiny cat carriers. It's tough being a first timer. I just don't want to show up with boxes and everyone give me the evil eye.
idunno.gif

Yes it's fine to transport them that way. Nobody will give you the evil eye
smile.png
I've been to swaps before and there's been some lovely chickens in boxes.

Hope you can make it!

I spoke with the Powhatan 4H co ordinator yesterday. She is going to let all the 4H kids know about the Swap at Hertzlers. Hopefully we'll have a good turn out of 4H kids buying, selling and trading too!
big_smile.png

I really wish my kids were more into chickens. They could care less
sad.png
I think it would be a good experience for them to raise & take care of a chick. Perhaps I can tempt them if I mention chicks - I haven't tried that yet. It would be great for them to have one that they can call their own.

My 13 year old wasn't too interested at first but once he had chicks of his own to care for it was different. Now he enjoys the chickens and has named them all.

OK, I guess we are coming. AussieSharon is an enabler!! Someone needs to watch her!
wink.png
I hope that I can finish my incubator and bring that. Not to mention the pair of Peacocks that my neighbor wants to sell and maybe a brooder... not going to have time to build any tractors....
he.gif

Here are a couple from Farmville:
17139_cogburn_and_lady.jpg

Cogburn and Lady
17139_foreman.jpg

Foreman and friend

Back
Top Bottom