Prairie Flower Block Swap

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, Mar 9, 2016.

1. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    I have a strange question. Are the corners the petals or the leaves? I see it both ways. Am I the only one? [​IMG]

2. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I will go a head and put her down!! Thanks
    No your not the only one, the petals are the center block, and you have time to decide

3. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I won't be closing the swap so people can join up anytime they want, just have to make sure I know blocks are coming and the dead line to have blocks to me is the 23rd of May. I will sort and the ship date back to you will be 28th of May. Lots of time to have blocks to me and this is a really fast block. So mark your calendars so you don't miss the deadline.

I would like to have a side swap, so any suggestions are welcome.

4. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    No you are not the only one. Look at the top half a block. In the picture from Missouri Star Quilt company they used some of the leaf fabric in the petals center spot. I think all the ones we are making will have the green leaf fabric in the corners just like the sample katsdar did unless ofcourse she says it is either way. I will do whatever is decided.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  5. paulsmuffen

paulsmuffen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Jacksonville,NC
    Please add me!

6. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I have you down!!!

7. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the size don't know how to cut it down when you copy and paste,

The 2nd,3rd,and 4th I would use those greens, so what do you think of these colors? I like to cheat and use layer cakes, but you ladies use what you like, and the white on white will be what I used in my proto block. I just realized I posted one twice, so I am going to remove one.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  8. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I don't think I would go with the first or the last, the first is too soft and the last is too hard. what do you think?

9. OHhappychicks

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    I like all of them, but I agree with you on the first and last. The rest are spring-like, happy and not to pastel or hard. I'm still thinking about it, so I looked thru MSQ layer cakes also. I had the 3rd one down on my list. I just love it! It was my second choice. But I will choose this one instead. It just looked cheery and a little vintage. Like feed sacks. It is called Mojita. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. OHhappychicks

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Kat~go ahead and put me down! This is going to be to beautiful to pass up!! I'm really excited about this quilt!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by