Prairie Flower Block Swap

The block we are doing shows it sashed, look what Jenny has come up with,
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/lan...ce=newsletter&utm_medium=lp&utm_campaign=t108
That is so cool!! I totally loved that quilt. Love the prints. The sashing looks pretty easy. If I could find a layer cake that had purples and didn't look girlie, I would do my nephews quilt like that. I like the no cut 10" blocks! We you thinking of using that on this quilt? Would it be to busy, or take away from the flower? I'm just asking because I'm not very good at seeing it until I put together.

Last edited:
That is so cool!! I totally loved that quilt. Love the prints. The sashing looks pretty easy. If I could find a layer cake that had purples and didn't look girlie, I would do my nephews quilt like that. I like the no cut 10" blocks!
Our block maybe too busy and the sashing could get lost, but I thought that was pretty neat too. Yep once you get spoiled with pre-cuts it's hard to give them up, course all the squares are in same color way and that helps so much, take the guess work out of it, I don't use all pre-cuts that could get really expensive.

ef9a4a54-0279-39c7-a94e-0215644b64af.jpg

9ed7387d-aea7-3bd7-af7b-e5b92b240845.jpg

0677b352-69ec-3386-bf0a-99b90f2863b1.jpg

314f3cab-63b6-38de-a9e0-daa48766b760.jpg

Sorry for the size don't know how to cut it down when you copy and paste,

The 2nd,3rd,and 4th I would use those greens, so what do you think of these colors? I like to cheat and use layer cakes, but you ladies use what you like, and the white on white will be what I used in my proto block. I just realized I posted one twice, so I am going to remove one.
No. 2 appeals the most to me but all are wonderful fabrics.

I like all of them, but I agree with you on the first and last. The rest are spring-like, happy and not to pastel or hard. I'm still thinking about it, so I looked thru MSQ layer cakes also. I had the 3rd one down on my list. I just love it! It was my second choice. But I will choose this one instead. It just looked cheery and a little vintage. Like feed sacks. It is called Mojita. What do you think?

Oh yeah a Mojita sounds good. Very pretty!

That is so cool!! I totally loved that quilt. Love the prints. The sashing looks pretty easy. If I could find a layer cake that had purples and didn't look girlie, I would do my nephews quilt like that. I like the no cut 10" blocks! We you thinking of using that on this quilt? Would it be to busy, or take away from the flower? I'm just asking because I'm not very good at seeing it until I put together.
yeah was thinking that and I too thought it wouldn't look good,too busy, but it's a great idea, easy nice looking quilt.

I think I'm spelling Mojita wrong. It's actually Mojito. Not that it matters much!
tongue.png
Just a quirk of mine!! I want to get started on this quilt so much, but I have some irons in the fire at this time and don't need another one.
smile.png
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can start on it. I'm trying to learn to schedule my time so I'm not so overwhelmed. Not easy for me!!!! But something I need to do. Trying to decide if I want to get some baby chicks this spring. My present flock is getting older. Haven't had any new ones for a couple of years. Chicks are some hassle in the housing department. I usually start them out in the utility room for about a week, then move them into our hoop/greenhouse for about 2 months or so, then into the spare chicken coop until they are big enough to put in with the adults. I'm going to see if I can locate some Buckeye pullets about 10-12 weeks old. There is a lady I've contacted in the past that raises them. Still deciding. I used to be able to handle things more in stride, but the older I get, I seem to get stressed out about little things. Just thinking about getting chicks stresses me!!!
idunno.gif
Go figure!!! I can only have about 2 things going on at the same time. Any more than that and I can't stay on top of things.
hmm.png
Oh well, it is what it is!!!!
smile.png
sorry for prattling on so!

I was just on pinterest and I saw the word Mojito. It is a cuban alcoholic drink!!!
lol.png
I don't drink, so I had know idea!! Just thought it was funny that I have never heard of this word and all of a sudden there it was!
ep.gif
lol.png

I was just on pinterest and I saw the word Mojito. It is a cuban alcoholic drink!!!
lol.png
I don't drink, so I had know idea!! Just thought it was funny that I have never heard of this word and all of a sudden there it was!
ep.gif
lol.png
LOL I don't drink either but I have a friend that we camp with that drinks these every vacation. She likes me to bring mint from my garden so I know that goes in it. Sounds to me like "moh hee toe"

Such a pretty looking drink. Here is a recipe. The lime sounds yummy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mojito-recipe0.html

Last edited:
LOL I don't drink either but I have a friend that we camp with that drinks these every vacation. She likes me to bring mint from my garden so I know that goes in it. Sounds to me like "moh hee toe"

Such a pretty looking drink. Here is a recipe. The lime sounds yummy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mojito-recipe0.html
That does sound yummy! I wonder what non-alcholic substitute you could use. I love lime and mint!
I looked up non-alcholic mojitos' and there are a lot of good recipes. Sounds like a good punch on a hot day!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom