Prayers and good thoughts for my sister please!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
First off, I need to tell you that I don't know alot about my sisters situation. I rarely get the chance to visit Florida, where she lives, and besides that, I'm not very close to my siblings (all half-siblings).

My sister is in her mid-fifties. She is raising her two GSs as her own, adopted them. Her son, the boys father, is a useless creature. The boys, one is about 10, one about 8, were born to the son's GF at the time. The GF was a drug addict with many emotional problems. She attempted to commit suicide while pregnant with the younger boy and did take her life later, after the boys were already with my sister.

The older boy is schizophrenic, has ADD and other problems. The younger boy is autistic, born with hydrocephalis and has other psychiatric issues as well.

I consider my nephew, the boys father, to be a waste of oxygen. Horrible thing to say about your blood kin, but he is! Doesn't help my sister at all with the boys, except to take them out once in awhile when shamed into it. No sooner had my sister taken the boys in then their dad went out and got another girl pregant and doesn't have custody of that child either. He has since "found religion" but cares only about himself.

At any rate, my sister had to have the older boy committed yesterday. He was knocking her down and choking her. She has woken up to find him standing over her with a knife to her throat. This is not the first time she's had him committed. The doctors tinker with his meds. for a few days, then discharge him.

She had him committed to a very nice juvenile treatment facility, but in the middle of the night that facility decided something wasn't quite right with her insurance and they moved him via the police to another facility. My sister is beside herself. Nothing can be done on a Sunday, the boy is now further away, and sister is having to deal with the younger boy and his issues in addition.

Prayers and good thoughts for my sister would be appreciated. TIA
smile.png

Thanks y'all.
hugs.gif

I've sent my sister a PM over on FB. You've probably read about the situation on my page?

Gonna send her some gas money via walmart, so at least she can drive to see the boy.

Prayers for the whole family, and then some! Please, Lord, grant this family peace and relief from the struggles they are under and the challenges they've been handed. Let the docs become invested in this kid and find a real solution- guide them in their care of him. Father, give the sister peace and joy in the small successes so she can be rested in her love of the boys and feel the meaningfulness in this task You've given her. And, please, Father, in the same way You love us, give this father the same investment in his own flesh and blood, that he may see that these kids are HIS and show him that he must take responsibility for what he has sown. Let him do it with love, abandon, care and grace. In Jesus's name for all You do and all You've done, Thanks, and Amen.

Back
Top Bottom