Prayers please?

Yep-still alive and well here!
smile.png
I understand the worst is to come tonight though. We have at least 1/4-1/2 inch of ice. I just talked to my friend who lives 12 miles south of here. They have a dairy farm. The farm lane to the barn is about 1/2 mile long. Her children put their ice skates on and skated the whole way to the barn to milk this morning!
lol.png

KELLY-how are you this morning? Quail still alive?

YUP! Still alive here!
big_smile.png
Everything is coated in ice here. The poor chickens need skates LOL Most of them except the three broodies (out in the coop), two leghorns (in the basement) and my serama boy (sitting with me right now) are all up against the house were there is no ice.
Took awhile to chip the locks loose on the gates and the quail pen. Besides a few frozen quail eggs and the newly discovered male (chasing the other male) everyone is doing fine and dandy.
So not looking forward to tonight...Going to be staying up all night pretty much to make sure the incubator doesn't go out. Candled yesterday and 10 of the shipped eggs that made it have little ones started in them
smile.png
It's day 6 for them and day 3 I believe for the second batch. First batch is due the day before Valentines!
big_smile.png

AC

Yeah! I'll probably be up most of the night again, too. Jason just left again, headed to eastern Ohio with a load of feed for a dairy farm.
sad.png

Yes, he got kerosene last night.
Our power went out for 1/2 hour at 2:00, but it came back on and is still on, thank God!
smile.png

I was talking to my Mom when it happened, so she got worried and called my aunt. In the meantime I remembered my neighbors (about 1 mile away) and decided to call them so they could check on us if we went without power for awhile. They offered some bedrooms immediately. They have a woodstove and generator, so they will be fine. If our power goes out, they will come down and get us and we will wait out the storm there.
smile.png

Me too. He hasn't even reached the farm yet to deliver his load. We are on a level 3 now-which means nobody goes anywhere, unless they are emergency. He is on the other side of Ohio and doesn't even have a sleeper on his truck. When he got to the shop there was a letter in his mailbox telling him "an area he needs to work on is being where he is supposed to be WHEN he is supposed to be there." They said the roads weren't that bad last night-another driver got the job done. They basically warned him that he better not try that again, and then they sent him all the way over there tonight.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom