Predator Cam

Heisenberg

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2016
I have a lot of birds. The Peacocks head up to the trees at night and arent prone to predation. The Geese and ducks sit next to the pond and when a predator comes they launch into the water and rarely get nabbed by foxes racoons or possums. I also have chickens that enter the coop at night and an automatic door that closes at night and opens back up in the morning. The chickens are the problem. I can lose all of them in a power outage or if the door motor fails. I can lose 20 of them in a night. I would like a camera that can be programmed to take motion activated pictures ONLY AT NIGHT. If the camera takes daytime pictures I will get 1 million shots of my birds. Only trouble comes at night and I would like to monitor what comes by at night. can anyone reccomend a trail cam that can be programmed to be a night cam only?

Following. I have one that does that but it is a cheap generic Chinese one that I picked up at an overstock store. With my other camera I have to turn it on at night and off in the morning. Not a huge task, but if I forget I either don't get nighttime pictures or I get 1000 daytime pictures lol.

I have a lot of birds. The Peacocks head up to the trees at night and arent prone to predation. The Geese and ducks sit next to the pond and when a predator comes they launch into the water and rarely get nabbed by foxes racoons or possums. I also have chickens that enter the coop at night and an automatic door that closes at night and opens back up in the morning. The chickens are the problem. I can lose all of them in a power outage or if the door motor fails. I can lose 20 of them in a night. I would like a camera that can be programmed to take motion activated pictures ONLY AT NIGHT. If the camera takes daytime pictures I will get 1 million shots of my birds. Only trouble comes at night and I would like to monitor what comes by at night. can anyone reccomend a trail cam that can be programmed to be a night cam only?
I have Arlo cameras. It's a wireless setup, connects to the home WiFi, and I use rechargeable batteries that last 3-4 months before needed recharge. I have one camera at my pen and that's a good 80 feet from the house and it still connects to the router inside my house. I originally bought the cameras for home security but they work great for catching movement at night. I've seen coyote, fox, raccoon, cats, etc recorded. You can disarm the cameras during the day and the recording service is free for setups with 5 or fewer cameras. www.arlo.com

I believe my Moultrie can be set to activate between certain hours. I'm not sure of the model number and its currently down in the woods, so I will get back to you with that info. In the meantime you can check out Moultrie's website and you may find one there that fits your needs. They are expensive but you can get better deals on eBay (which is where I got mine) and Amazon than you can on Moultrie's website or a retail store.
http://www.moultriefeeders.com/

Thanks...If I set cameras to come on in the day Ill get a million pictures of my own birds

Back
Top Bottom