Predator got one last night...

best use a 22,a 30-06 can do a bunch of damage to a live trap in case you didn,t get a straight in shot
smile.png
and make it two shots,,the second one for all the BYC folks that have lost birds to a raccoon

Sorry about the bird.
sad.png

I'd also suggest something smaller than the 22-250. It's loud and will potentially mess up your trap... not to mention, unless you're shooting from several yards away, you're going to get hit with dirt and raccoon splatter. (possibly metal fragments too)

Sam has been avenged!!! It wan't a coon though, it was an oppossum...

15879_oppossum.jpg

I reset the trap and will leave it out for a few more nights to make sure there aren't any more lurking around.

And mxpres, she did get a second shot for good measure! (And I did use a 22).

Thanks everybody!!!

Did you use the peanut butter or strawberry syrup? Opposums usually come in to clean up what somebody else has killed. Keep your eyes open. Good choice with the 22.

Ya...Possums usually come in for easy pickings after a kill by a racoon or other predator. It probably did not do the original kill. I would keep the trap set and keep watch for a few more nights. Usually a racoon will take a day or two "off" and then return.

Sorry for poor Sam.
sad.png

Can't believe I am awake at this hour and on this site. It truly is "addicting".
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom