Predator identification help please! *seek and destroy*

Pics
You mentioned that you had a 14 pound rooster and a 18 pound rooster. Sorry to be off topic, what breed of chicken gets that big??
The cat in the photo is a 12lb tom
20190827_121928.jpg
20190814_124809.jpg
20190827_121903.jpg

Forty or so years ago I had a White Jersey Giant that topped out at close to 15 pounds. Thankfully he was the sweetest rooster I had at the time.

You are wasting time. Buy you a trap. There are numerous trap companies out there. I prefer and use Pied Piper live traps. Built in Texas. I trap predators and fur bearers, and have used a number of live traps. The Pied Piper is by far the best. They even have one that has a cage on the back of it, that you can put a live chicken in it. You can bait it wit about anything. Dry dog food all the way to sardines. I think you either have a fox or a coon. I doubt a coyote would have killed a number of chickens, and only ate parts of them. Coyotes seldom waste a meal. Mink and possums will kill chickens and eat the head only, but, possums sooner or later, will eat out the soft part of the bird.

Coyotes seldom waste a meal. Mink and possums will kill chickens and eat the head only,

Don't kid yourself. Coyotes in rural towns may be more resourceful with their meals, but I come from a beach town in Southern California, and in city areas, they kill and can be very selective about the parts of the carcass they'll eat. One killed the best cat I ever owned, and only ate his head.
Trouble is in the city areas, we can't shoot the varmints because most people there would be dumb enough to hit the houses behind them, and we have a ton of bleeding hearts that think we humans are the bad guys because we took their homes away from them.

Very thankful to read some common sense, and that we finally got smart and moved away out of that once beautiful state turned hell hole. :ya

Back
Top Bottom