Predator killed my rabbit. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but my run is not that wide. I don’t think a dog could’ve done that.
From the picture the run is plenty wide for a dog to get in and the fence isn't that high. My alpacas can turn around in a space narrower than that and they are way bigger than a dog. And the fence, if it wasn't like that before, could have easily been bent over by a dog going in. At our prior house the neighbor had a black lab that would bend my 3' welded wire fence when it went over (which was often).

I ASSUME that dogs can get into that part of the yard? The wood fence we can see in the picture looks quite substantial and would likely keep a dog out.

Maybe it was a raccoon or weasel?

Don't both of those like to eat just the heads of their victims?

And my limited experience with raptors, they "pluck" the fur/feathers and go more for the abdomen.

She looked like a beautiful rabbit, I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs

I am so sorry for your loss. You can make your run safer by creating a kind of secure 'tunnel' (out of hardware mesh and wood) for your rabbit so they're protected from all sides from predators. <3 I hope this never happens again to you.

Everyone, just STOP it. Quit bashing me for not having a secure run. I made a mistake, don’t remind me of it. It’s too painful.

I am not in a state to talk right now.

Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom