jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
WARNING: GRAPHIC POST

I went out to check on my rabbit Sophie today, and I discovered this:

6773ACE4-13F3-4C60-9222-8DA17E737CBC.jpeg

I posted before about her dying, and made a mistake, because she was still alive. This time, there is no doubt.

Something killed her last night.

I’m setting up my trail camera tonight, to try and figure out what the culprit was that did this.

Here is where I need help. Judging from the picture, can anybody tell what did this? Raccoon? Hawk? What could’ve done it?

I also need some emotional support. I’m pretty devastated. She was nine years old.

RIP Sophie.

We have several raptors that fly around here. Hawks and owls, mainly. They haven’t taken her before, I wonder why they took her now?
Roll of the dice, I guess.
With the pictures you provided on the clean bones, I'm more inclined to think it was a small four legged predator.
Where do you live?

Roll of the dice, I guess.
With the pictures you provided on the clean bones, I'm more inclined to think it was a small four legged predator.
Where do you live?

I live in a very small town called Dietrich, Idaho.

Sorry I took so long to get back. I’ve been devastated. Wasn’t in a good state to talk.

I went to the hardware store and picked up a bunch of wood and nails and some screws and stuff to make her a casket. I’m gonna bury the casket in my garden once it’s built.

I also got a stone to mark the spot.

I am still pretty sad, so I will post more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom