Predator problems

I've caught 2 foxes out of 4 and killed 2 skunks out of 3 and how do we catch the coyote that walk through our yard
:welcome :frow I haven't had much luck with catching a coyote but most everything else. Years ago before I had electric wire around my coops and pens and covered my pens, a coyote jumped over a 5' fence into a pen and back out along with some of the birds. It did kill some of the birds. I did shoot at the coyote but had the wrong ammo in my gun. I pretty sure I hit it, it did take off. We had a severe coyote problem but a neighbor let some hunters go on his property to hunt them and they must have gotten a few because I haven't seen nearly as many for awhile. I put out a live trap for coyotes and they would go around it but not in it. I attached the body of a bird in the trap and the coyote got a hold of one of it's leg and tried to pull it out but couldn't but still didn't go in. It even tried to dig under the trap to get to the bird.
DSCF0014 01.jpg
DSCF0014 05.jpg

Hi I have recently had my chicken tractor broken in to by a mother fox and her two pups and then the next night we saw three different skunks eating the remaining parts of the hens I would love some advice to repel the skunks for they leave without them spraying and to repel the foxes for I don't have to deal with them the same way the delt with my hens. The live trap is not working for the foxes and I don't want to catch another skunk as last time I tried to be nice and let her live I relocated her but I opened the top she came out and sprayed me. If anyone has any ideas I'm desperate.
Hot pepper trick I use ghost peppers but you can use the hottest peppers you can get your hands on crush them especially the seeds put it around your coop and run and it will deture predators reapply every month or after a big rain

Back
Top Bottom