Predator Wars... Pics of the enemy included

It is no surprise it got your favorite one; predators seem to know. Sorry for your loss.

Guess who found himself in a bad predicament? That's right Mr. Coon could not resist the can of tuna fish inside of a live trap and was hunkered down when I got there this morning, and not very happy about it either with his ears folded down looking at me side ways. One down 99 more to go...

I have some more pictures of him standing on top of the trap and trying to enter into the run through his old spot which I have closed off with chicken wire. And by the way appreciate the comments about the chicken wire not being strong enough for some predators. I'm looking into other welded wire or hardware cloth, maybe I can even install right over the chicken wire like another poster? Anyway I have some homework to do for best solutions for me, guess I have been lucky so far with the chicken wire, no break ins over the last 1-1/2 years. Even this guy just walked in because I left a spot uncovered that he found. Just to be safe though we are closing the doors to the coop at night to keep the girls safe.

PorkChop

I'm afraid my guys are always locked away safe and sound at night in the chicken barn, no matter how predator proof i thought my open housing was, i could never sleep at night knowing they were open. I'm very paranoid though, i lost 6 ducklings to a rat, he got in the brooder in the barn, i do NOT know how. He ripped them apart, i was devastated, so i vowed to play extra safe with the rest of them. Silly i know seen as you guys in the states have much bigger predators to protect from.

Back
Top Bottom