Predators - Coyote's why do the neighbors ???

Wildsky

Wild Egg!
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
California
OK, I'm not entirely a sensitive person.

BUT. driving my son to basketball yesterday - and THERE HANGING from a tree by its back legs in the neighbors front yard - a coyote!!!!!

This morning its still there - and now there is someone ELSE further down the road with one hanging in HIS TREE

WHY DO THEY DO THAT? I understand folks around here kill coyotes when ever they get the chance - but why do they hang them up like that? Its horrible to me to have to drive by and see that.

Maybe they think it will send a message to other coyotes?? Like stay away or this will happen to you!
I wouldn't like it either...I hate to see them dead on the side of the road.
But, I do want them to stay aawy from my chickens.

Yeah it does NOT make any sense to me - unless they're showing off or something - its just so gross and un-nessesary.... and now my kids have to see that!!!

I mean my children know that people kill animals for whatever reason... food or to protect. I just find the display of dead bodies hanging from trees is so gross and WAY over what I find acceptable.

Quote:
REALLY?

Well I can't argue with that.... I just wish they'd HIDE it during the day......

I've heard coyotes the last few nights and in past weeks......

These folks are in the middle of town practically (no livestock in town) - they should go hang those dang things somewhere else - on the edge of town perhaps??? What on earth do dogs think of that!!! The one house had a dog sitting outside - I dunno I would think the dog would be a little unhappy about a coyote hanging from a tree....

Last edited:
Disclaimer: If ya got to defend your animals then by all means do it.
I'd shoot one if I had to but if I hung it from a tree in my front yard
I hope my friends and family would kick my a**. Actually, Drumstick
would kick it. Even he knows better than that.

Edited by staff...

Quote:
IDIOTS! Coyote's never come to the front door! If hanging a dead coyote keeps other coyotes away, it would be hanging pretty close to my coop.....in the backyard, out of site!

I agree with PurpleChicken......

Edited by staff...

Its too cold to start the smell going - those bodies are probably frozen by now.

I thought it was just my silly city girl coming out when I was so shocked to see that.
I honeslty get upset seeing folks driving around with deer in their trucks.
I won't eat deer - but I won't tell folks they can't hunt if thats what they personally like to do. thats none of my business.

I generally leave folk to live how they want to live, I can accept just about anything - but this hanging the bodies from tree's is just a little too much for me!!
(sheesh - I'll take a picture for you folks when I go pick up my son from school) its just really too much for me....!!!

I'm really relieved to hear its not just me that finds it offensive!

Back
Top Bottom