Preformed pond for ducks... Can i see your pictures?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
We currently have about 4 different sizes of preformed ponds behind one of our sheds. I am considering using them for the ducks & ducklings pens but i would love to see pictures of ones that other BYC'ers have set up already.

I guess my biggest concern is the size & how well it would really work for my ducks. I have mostly Muscovies but do raise a lot of ducklings, muscovy and other breeds. I also have a few pairs of geese too & i know how the geese like to get underwater and swim around like a fish.

thanks everyone
smile.png

ep.gif
Those are some spoiled ducks! That is really awesome.
thumbsup.gif

I've been wanting to put in a pre-form for our ducks as well. Bit surprised on what they run, though. Think the kids will have to wait until next year. Too busy with new coops right now, and they're happy as can be with the little inflatable pool we put them in.

I have a rock on one of the ledges and then Ive been draping a towel along the edge over the rock so they
have something to cling onto and crawl out.... mine are calls so they are small,,, but lots of times they fly out..lol

The link in my signature has my pond info. Keep your eye out for garage sales and cruise the craigslist posting. You can get the liners for pennies on the dollar. I only paid $50 for mine and it came with a pump.

I was thinking of getting a preformed pond or a stock tank. Prices made me rethink the whole thing, plus we are on a well and it will take forever to refill those. So we've decided on kiddie pool. The medium and large size. We've fitted them with a ball valve, which allows us to drain it without breaking our backs. It also preserves the kiddie pools from getting all crumpled up. We've also build small decks for each pool with easy to walk up stairs. I can email building instructions to anyone who wants to build the decks and stairs. It's really easy, promise. So here are some photos:
51964_poolsetup3.jpg

51964_poolsetup5.jpg

51964_poolsetup2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom