Preformed pond for ducks... Can i see your pictures?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
We currently have about 4 different sizes of preformed ponds behind one of our sheds. I am considering using them for the ducks & ducklings pens but i would love to see pictures of ones that other BYC'ers have set up already.

I guess my biggest concern is the size & how well it would really work for my ducks. I have mostly Muscovies but do raise a lot of ducklings, muscovy and other breeds. I also have a few pairs of geese too & i know how the geese like to get underwater and swim around like a fish.

thanks everyone
smile.png

I bought my pond at Menards. Put a tub drain in the bottom... slightly tilted it toward the drain. I have a water hydrant on the opposite end. Pull the drain. rinse with hose, refill. The pond has ledges which I can throw treats on and as u see in the last pic I have a rock so they can jump on it to get out... I have been putting a towel over that side down over the rock to so they can get a better grip , othewise they were slipping . I think I may put a ramp in tho just in case one gets hurt or sick they have easier acess to get out. I put a tank heater in it all winter and did not have any ice at all. We get -20 degress , I had the pen wrapped in plastic.
The pond is called Key Largo !!
I have since added 2 more additions to the Duck Hut ..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Duck-Hut/193654187369638

43749_1_1_3_6a.png

43749_hpim1057.jpg

43749_hpim1056.jpg

43749_im001846.jpg

43749_im001845.jpg

43749_im001847.jpg

Last edited:
Did you put it on there for traction for their feet? Just looked for some duck tape but none here at the house......all down at the barn/garage so will look later. Thinking it is shiney/slippery too but maybe if enough wrinkles made as putting it on it may give some traction. How well does it stay on with the water present? I'm looking for some of the stick on bathtub appliques to keep from slipping down in the tub but those I've found aren't like the old type I remember made with a good nonslip surface. My swans have huge feet so need something rubbery. Any ideas? Thanks much.

ep.gif
Those are some spoiled ducks! That is really awesome.
thumbsup.gif

I've been wanting to put in a pre-form for our ducks as well. Bit surprised on what they run, though. Think the kids will have to wait until next year. Too busy with new coops right now, and they're happy as can be with the little inflatable pool we put them in.

I have a rock on one of the ledges and then Ive been draping a towel along the edge over the rock so they
have something to cling onto and crawl out.... mine are calls so they are small,,, but lots of times they fly out..lol

Back
Top Bottom