Pregnancy Question

meant2bemommie

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
California
I am 11 weeks pregnant. Should I be concerned with anything?

the only thing I have ever had concerns with was cat litter and my husband does that duty. So I was just wondering if there was anything with the chickens...

Last edited:
Congradulations!

Feel free to kiss your chickens right on their lips any time in the next 6.25 months. There is no conflict with chicken care and pregnancy that I have ever found in research. Of course all things that go with good health, like keeping your chickens clean and such still apply, and avoid heavy lifting for any reason in pregnancy so have hubby help with that part of coop cleaning. But most of all enjoy the birdies!

Congrats! I don't think the chickens can hurt your baby, just don't eat any chicken raw.
jumpy.gif

Congratulations!!!

I was under the impression that if you had an outside cat before you got pregnant and regularly cleaned that litter box then you would already be exposed to toxoplasmosis and shouldn't have to worry about it.

If your cat is indoor only, and you have no mice in the home, then it is also not a problem.

Ask your Doctor next time you go in and like everyone said just be conscious of washing your hands well.

"Pregnant people should be excused from all the messy & strenuous chicken chores for the duration of their pregnancy and several years afterwards if they can get away with it!"

There, now you can tell your husband that you "read this somewhere" and just to be safe you should abide by this. Here's another one:

"Pregnant people should also be excused from cleaning bathrooms and carrying heavy grocery bags into the house."

Let me know if you need more of these excuses, I can get you out of gym class too. The doctor is "in".

Congratulations, broody mama, have a happy & worry-free set!

Nope. Wash your hands. Stay active (which is to say, you may not oughta make DH do all the coop cleaning... ;P). Ignore the books that tell you to worry about every little thing even if the risks are smaller than your chance of being killed by a falling vending machine. Enjoy your pregnancy (hah, I personally HATED being pregnant and felt like living h*ll for nine months both times, but you know what, I miss it
tongue.png
, so seriously, enjoy and appreciate it
smile.png
)

and, CONGRATULATIONS
smile.png

Pat

Quote:
Ain't that the truth! Made me laugh reading this but it's so true, if you took every 'risk' warning you would drive yourself crazy. Get numbers on the risk and compare it to something real life, like walking on the sidewalk, or past a vending machine.

Back
Top Bottom