Pregnant dog??

Pics
I woke up at dawn today and as I went down to the animals, I heard a noise of puppies! She had them in the nesting area that she had made yesterday! They were all muddy but still alive! I counted 7 so far. We moved the pups and Duchess to the welping box. It was in the garage which was closed. The temperature outside was room temperature. I gave them a heating lamp too.
View attachment 2704669View attachment 2704670View attachment 2704671View attachment 2704672

I would not use a heat lamp! A big girl like that with all that coat, she's going to generate more than enough heat for those pups. You're going to make her absolutely miserable with a heat lamp.

I would not use a heat lamp! A big girl like that with all that coat, she's going to generate more than enough heat for those pups. You're going to make her absolutely miserable with a heat lamp.
X2! Especially given that it’s summer now anyway. Don’t really get why the heat lamp would be needed? But I don’t know where OP is located or if it’s still really cold there? But either way, her long fur will provide more than enough heat regardless. Heat lamp is just going to cause problems. Plus possible fire risk if it falls.

I woke up at dawn today and as I went down to the animals, I heard a noise of puppies! She had them in the nesting area that she had made yesterday!

Well, that certainly answered some questions!
Was she pregnant? Yes.
When would they be born? June 5, 2021 (today)
Would she deliver safely, without a C-section or other medical help? Apparently so!

I'm glad to hear that things are going so well for her and the puppies!
(Of course you'll keep an eye on her and the puppies, to make sure things keep going well, but it looks like they're off to a good start!)

Back
Top Bottom