Pregnant Sheep??

ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
I have Katahdin/Dorper mix Ram, and Katahdin/Mouflon mix Ewes. My male was chasing my female pygmy goat around trying to mount her. So we put our two female lambs in the pen to see if they would become pregnant. We have not seen them mate at all but the two females stomachs are huge. There has not been a change in diet or anything. Any ideas on if they are pregnant or not? Any help is very appropriated!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210228_175046862.jpg
    IMG_20210228_175046862.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210228_175045532.jpg
    IMG_20210228_175045532.jpg
    938.2 KB · Views: 11
I really don’t know anything about goats and sheep, the closest I know is horses lol 😂 but I’ll try to take a guess and help you out! By the looks of it, it looks like your girls have very swelled up bellies so I’m guessing they may very well be pregnant! How long ago did you put your male in the same pen as them? And for how long did you keep them with him?
I hope my guess helps you and I hope it’s the answer that you’re looking for and want!

I really don’t know anything about goats and sheep, the closest I know is horses lol 😂 but I’ll try to take a guess and help you out! By the looks of it, it looks like your girls have very swelled up bellies so I’m guessing they may very well be pregnant! How long ago did you put your male in the same pen as them? And for how long did you keep them with him?
I hope my guess helps you and I hope it’s the answer that you’re looking for and want!
I put them in the same pen around November-December. And they have been in there since.

You might be able to tell by checking their vulva, it should appear swollen and brighter pink. The baby grows most in the last month and that’s when you’ll see the most swelling of the belly. Also, their udders will likely begin to grow in the last month of pregnancy. I have one due March 20 and just noticed her udders starting to grow.

i dont know that much about sheep but i used to have dairy goats. ewes are pregnant for 142 to 152 days the easiest way to tell if they are bred would be to see if they come back into heat once they get near the due date you should separate the ram Also how old are the ewes they should not be bred until they are 1 year old or have gotten at least 1 heat

i dont know that much about sheep but i used to have dairy goats. ewes are pregnant for 142 to 152 days the easiest way to tell if they are bred would be to see if they come back into heat once they get near the due date you should separate the ram Also how old are the ewes they should not be bred until they are 1 year old or have gotten at least 1 heat
They are nearly 2 years old now

Back
Top Bottom