Preparing for government shutdown on the 17th

It's all hype,
The Govt takes in 10 times more each month than is needed to pay the bills.
All the "doom and gloom" is political scare tactics.

It's just a game they like to play
If they take in 10 times as much, how come we have a $17 trillion and climbing national debt? And a $6-7 billion budget deficit a year? And that doesn't include the nearly $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities, SocialSecurity, Medicare/medicade, and so on. Unless you are talking of just paying the interest on the debt, that we can do.
I say they should live within their means, like the rest of us. And leave the so-called debt ceiling right where it is. If tax revenues doesn't make it, then it's way past time to do some cutting. Doesn't sound like a good economic plan to have the fed buying $84 billion of our own bonds every month either. When they talked about cutting back, the markets crapped themselves.

It's all hype,
The Govt takes in 10 times more each month than is needed to pay the bills.
All the "doom and gloom" is political scare tactics.

It's just a game they like to play 

If they take in 10 times as much, how come we have a $17 trillion and climbing national debt? And a $6-7 billion budget deficit a year?  And that doesn't include the nearly $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities, SocialSecurity, Medicare/medicade, and so on.  Unless you are talking of just paying the interest on the debt, that we can do. 
I say they should live within their means, like the rest of us. And leave the so-called debt ceiling right where it is. If tax revenues doesn't make it, then it's way past time to do some cutting.   Doesn't sound like a good economic plan to have the fed buying $84 billion of our own bonds every month either. When they talked about cutting back, the markets crapped themselves. 

U.S Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
Fed Budget: $3,820,000,000,000
New Debt: $1,650,000,000,000
National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
Recent budget cuts: $38,500,000,000

Now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

Annual family income: $21,700
Money the family spent: $38,200
New debt on the credit card: $16,500
Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
Total budget cuts so far: $385

If they take in 10 times as much, how come we have a $17 trillion and climbing national debt? And a $6-7 billion budget deficit a year?  And that doesn't include the nearly $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities, SocialSecurity, Medicare/medicade, and so on.  Unless you are talking of just paying the interest on the debt, that we can do. 
I say they should live within their means, like the rest of us. And leave the so-called debt ceiling right where it is. If tax revenues doesn't make it, then it's way past time to do some cutting.   Doesn't sound like a good economic plan to have the fed buying $84 billion of our own bonds every month either. When they talked about cutting back, the markets crapped themselves. 

That's is what we are talking about. There is enough money to pay the interest on the debt and avoid a "default". Now how much the government spends every month to keep all parts of the government open is a different story as the above poster pointed out. We don't take in enough money to do that and that is what runs up the debt. So, with interest payments rising on growing debt, the government, or some in the government, want the debt ceiling raised in order to accomadate the rising interest, the existing cost of running all the government( which we currently cannot afford) and very likely more money for new spending! The government seriously needs to be downsized and those that want to talk about cutting spending are being told no deal. Give us our money and then we talk. :rolleyes:

0.jpg

Quote: That's 10 times as much as what's required to pay the INTEREST, which is what all the fuss is about.

It doesn't mean we aren't still SPENDING more than we take in, but only that any talk about
"defaulting" on the loans is simply a lie

U.S Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
Fed Budget: $3,820,000,000,000
New Debt: $1,650,000,000,000
National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
Recent budget cuts: $38,500,000,000

Now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

Annual family income: $21,700
Money the family spent: $38,200
New debt on the credit card: $16,500
Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
Total budget cuts so far: $385
awesome! I actually lost my job durning the military cut backs this year. I was on a limited duty and they discharged me because I wasnt healing fast enough. I got an honorable but still...

Back
Top Bottom