Preparing for winter.

Quote:
HOW MUCH SAND YOU WANT? I HAVE PLENTY YEAR ROUND....

My ground is sand
lol.png

Quote:
HOW MUCH SAND YOU WANT? I HAVE PLENTY YEAR ROUND....

My ground is sand
lol.png

IN FT MYERS ITS SAND FOR THE 1ST 8-12 INCHES, THEN ITS SAND AND WATER....
smile.png

Quote:
My ground is sand
lol.png

IN FT MYERS ITS SAND FOR THE 1ST 8-12 INCHES, THEN ITS SAND AND WATER....
smile.png

You should see my 6 acres when it's rainy season
lol.png
The ducks have a mansion pond to play in!

Now see I forgot about the straw or hay. Last year, get this I paid $20 for 1 standard size bale of hay just before Halloween.
sickbyc.gif

He definately saw a sucker when I walked into that farm store.
lau.gif
What was I going to do, poor hens were wading through water ankle high.

No body else had it cause it rained for days and everyone was sold out and that's when I ran out. Think I'll stuff some in the quail pens this winter and I use a lot in the Duck House in the winter and the chicken run when it rains. In the chicken house when it freezes. Oh Yes, it does freeze for a few hours (last year a few days) in the mornings a few days of the year.
tongue2.gif

This weekend I'm going for 2 bales. JIC. Thanks for reminding me.

Another reminder is due: Keep that cold freezing air up north where it belongs. It has been far to cold here the last few nights and mornings. This is way to early for that kind of weather. Your not getting it to go around you and it is somehow pushing south?
You don't have anything to do with that do you?

Some of that cold air is definately slipping away from you. Wouldn't want you to loose it and we certainly don't want to find it here. Maybe send it Florida way, I don't like Oranges that much anyways. Oh that reminds me, I need to check my Lemon trees.

Assuming you have extra waterers or parts that might freeze and break.
You can keep the birds warm enough to keep from freezing in place with blankeys or something if you loose electricity in a storm.
Don't let yourself get to low on feed.

I'm sure I'll think of something else given enough time.

Back
Top Bottom