Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

@FunnyfarmMidwest I'm not sure if you remember Lylah and Faith both having angel wing. Lylah was beginning to get nibbled on by the others at one point. I held her wing in place as much as possible and sadly I admit that I wasn't able to do it much at all. Then I noticed Faith getting the same thing. On both, it was always on one side. After reading some stories about the rare occasion of problems from wrapping, I decided at the last minute to not wrap either at this age. As their feathers grew, they began tucking them properly and look normal now. I almost wonder if getting nibbled was a huge encouragement for Lylah to use the muscles with all her might and tuck them in properly (yes I am putting human emotions on my little sweeties but I can't help it). Faith's didn't get as bad as Lylah's, but it was definitely there and then repaired without any intervention on my part. I didn't hold hers in place at all. (she's one of those that is terrified of everything and I am desperately trying to gain her trust and only doing what she seems to be OK with, without much luck) There's also a possibility that I just got lucky. Either way, I'm not sure how old this one is, but my Calls are just over 2 months old. I do hope her wing is repaired somehow and wish you the best all around.

You sure do have some adorable Calls <3

Last edited:
@FunnyfarmMidwest I'm not sure if you remember Lylah and Faith both having angel wing. Lylah was beginning to get nibbled on by the others at one point. I held her wing in place as much as possible and sadly I admit that I wasn't able to do it much at all. Then I noticed Faith getting the same thing. On both, it was always one one side. After reading some stories about the rare occasion of problems from wrapping, I decided at the last minute to not wrap either at this age. As their feathers grew, they began tucking them properly and look normal now. I almost wonder if getting nibbled was a huge encouragement for Lylah to use the muscles with all her might and tuck them in properly (yes I am putting human emotions on my little sweeties but I can't help it). Faith's didn't get as bad as Lylah's, but it was definitely there and then repaired without any intervention on my part. I didn't hold hers in place at all. (she's one of those that is terrified of everything and I am desperately trying to gain her trust and only doing what she seems to be OK with, without much luck) There's also a possibility that I just got lucky. Either way, I'm not sure how old this one is, but my Calls are just over 2 months old. I do hope her wing is repaired somehow and wish you the best all around.

You sure do have some adorable Calls <3
I do remember that they had angel wing. I’m so glad that Lylah and Faith’s fixed without intervention! That’s great! Little Mustard is about a month and 2-3 weeks. I hope her wing gets better.

Thanks much! You have adorable calls as well! :love

So far I've gotten lucky. First group of 4 babies... 3 girls! Fernanda, Jesus and CoB (clone of Buttercup) are all girls. Lenny us the only boy. The gals. Love the reddish head on Fernanda.
20210613_194412.jpg
20210613_194427.jpg
20210613_194420.jpg

Based on the vocals, I'm going to say that Iggy, and swim shady are girls too. Riley is all boy. Fishy still seems a bit young to tell.
White and black is a boy, and I've no clue about Dinky.
Iggy is still my favorite, personality wise. Such a bold little sweetheart. Loves the lap. Swim is very mellow and sweet too.
20210613_194526.jpg
20210613_194549.jpg
20210613_194518.jpg
20210613_194440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom