Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Sorry I haven’t been around guys. Things have been hectic. Little Pumpkin (my little kitty) still hasn’t been found. :(

Today I have a new dilemma. The ducks figured out how to go under my deck. There were three under there. I lured two out with food but the other one will not come out. There is no way I can go under there and get her. It’s pitch black out and I’m getting worried. I have her sister in a cage near the opening but she is being very stubborn and not coming out. Any ideas? I’m about ready to stay out here all night if I have to. This is a very unsafe place and I couldn’t bear to leave her out here as bait. :hmm

Sorry I haven’t been around guys. Things have been hectic. Little Pumpkin (my little kitty) still hasn’t been found. :(

Today I have a new dilemma. The ducks figured out how to go under my deck. There were three under there. I lured two out with food but the other one will not come out. There is no way I can go under there and get her. It’s pitch black out and I’m getting worried. I have her sister in a cage near the opening but she is being very stubborn and not coming out. Any ideas? I’m about ready to stay out here all night if I have to. This is a very unsafe place and I couldn’t bear to leave her out here as bait. :hmm
You got a long stick or something you could stick under there to kind of herd her out?

Do you have one of those long handled pincher/grabber type things? My ducks and chickens hate that thing and it might get her moving. It certainly gets my folks moving if their being stubborn. Of course I don't recommend pinching her, but its got like a trigger controlled grabber on the end.
I don't move my big ducks down to their duck house until 10pm or later some nights. I use a bright flashlight to direct them and they follow along wherever I lead with the light. Maybe it was too dark by the time she was ready to move?
I haven't tried with my Bantams but my big ducks will follow one of those red pointer lights. Maybe she'll follow that?

Do you have one of those long handled pincher/grabber type things? My ducks and chickens hate that thing and it might get her moving. It certainly gets my folks moving if their being stubborn. Of course I don't recommend pinching her, but its got like a trigger controlled grabber on the end.
I don't move my big ducks down to their duck house until 10pm or later some nights. I use a bright flashlight to direct them and they follow along wherever I lead with the light. Maybe it was too dark by the time she was ready to move?
I haven't tried with my Bantams but my big ducks will follow one of those red pointer lights. Maybe she'll follow that?
Thanks for the great suggestions. I don’t have one of those grabber things but I sure wish I did. She sure is a stubborn one. I’ve been trying to get her in for a few hours. I will look and see if I can find my cat’s laser pointer.

You could try squirting her with a water hose. That may startle her enough to run out or at least to where you can reach her
Did you already try to stomp around on the deck? See if that would scare her out?
Yes, unfortunately I did try stomping on the deck and spraying her with the nose. She was unfazed. She even stayed under there when it was storming about an hour ago. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom