Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
3 more of mine internally pipped and I gave them safety holes. I think the last one is malpositioned...😔😣 I hope it will be ok.
Yay! Hopefully you’ll have some ducklings soon! I had a malposition last attempted call hatch. It made a bruise in the small end of the egg and then I had to assist. Hopefully that one makes it out ok. :fl:fl

Come on little duckies!
:wee
Y'alls trying to give me the hatching fever.
I wish they would hatch already so I can cuddle them! :p:pop
Hopefully it isn’t too much longer that the little fellas make me wait before making their appearances... I’m impatient :oops:

Ps: sorry Shaw forgot to mention that my hatching fever is contagious! ;)

I opened the eggs up further so they can push out when they are ready. One had died, i took it out of the egg to inspect it. It was an egg that always looked strange when candling. It had an open divide in the egg that never filled in. Anyway the yolk broke and looked greenish so probably some kind of infection. 6 little chirping ducklings absorbing thrir yolks right now. Also the malpositioned one pipped itself so i opened it a bit there.

I opened the eggs up further so they can push out when they are ready. One had died, i took it out of the egg to inspect it. It was an egg that always looked strange when candling. It had an open divide in the egg that never filled in. Anyway the yolk broke and looked greenish so probably some kind of infection. 6 little chirping ducklings absorbing thrir yolks right now. Also the malpositioned one pipped itself so i opened it a bit there.
Good luck!

Sorry about the one duckling. Good luck with the others! Hope they do well! :hugs❤️

Back
Top Bottom