Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
I can see that he’s absorbed most all the veins on the right side and I peeled away the membrane around the entirety of the hole. No blood and they were all absorbed till I tried to move a little piece of membrane by his head on the left side and there was a small amount of blood. This was about 4 am.

I noticed a some blood in my ducks that hatched. I pull the head out and they still stayed in the egg until they were ready to push out. :confused: I mean I guess they could push out early I just haven't had ducklings do it. I don't want my ducklings to give up either or to have a twisted neck so I free their little heads. It usually calms them...

I noticed a some blood in my ducks that hatched. I pull the head out and they still stayed in the egg until they were ready to push out. :confused: I mean I guess they could push out early I just haven't had ducklings do it. I don't want my ducklings to give up either or to have a twisted neck so I free their little heads. It usually calms them...
Ok thanks! I’ll probably proceed with this when I check him.

I wish I took pictures of my duck egg shells now... some of mine were clean with little vessels and some had some blood in the eggshell, but all of mine were absorbed...
I have some great news! I just went out to check him and maybe help him out but... he was already out! Pictures are soon to come! He is quite floppy and his little navel was bleeding a bit. Yolk totally absorbed. I have him in a towel donut. :wee

Here’s baby number 2 all fluffy! He’s still floppy but not as much. He will remain in the towel donut for a while. He is starting to stretch his legs out. His webs straighten so he looks like he’ll be fine. I’m thinking he’s a blue fawn. Sadly no black bibs yet but I’m hoping Squeegee’s eggs or Cami’s will have one. 💕

Attachments

• 48D396D2-5DCA-4FD8-A1B5-512B09BEE98B.jpeg
    48D396D2-5DCA-4FD8-A1B5-512B09BEE98B.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom