Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
He’s asleep in the brooder. What a tired baby. Hatching sure is hard work. :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 10
He’s asleep in the brooder. What a tired baby. Hatching sure is hard work. :lol:
Congratulations! :celebrate

Yes, sometimes there is still a tiny bit of blood even when they've fully absorbed. Sometimes I pull their little heads out too if I am convinced they should be ready or at least very close to it. I have learned to have my little icu cup handy though just in case.
Usually if you pull the head out you can see down in the egg enough to tell if there is yolk. If there is, I set them up right in that little cup and let gravity keep them in the egg a while longer.

Congratulations! :celebrate

Yes, sometimes there is still a tiny bit of blood even when they've fully absorbed. Sometimes I pull their little heads out too if I am convinced they should be ready or at least very close to it. I have learned to have my little icu cup handy though just in case.
Usually if you pull the head out you can see down in the egg enough to tell if there is yolk. If there is, I set them up right in that little cup and let gravity keep them in the egg a while longer.
Thanks!
yep luckily he didn’t have any yolk! He didn’t even need me to pull his head out lol. I took a nap and missed his big entrance!
That’s good to know! His navel is starting to go in and he’s a bit less floppy. His little feet have yet to straighten so he may need cardboard booties later. I’ll monitor for now and wait. He’s also starting to preen. 💕

Back
Top Bottom