Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Here is #3. No change since last night. I'm still seeing the occasional chew or yawn. Thankfully the beak/bill is cleared.
20210417_134647.jpg

This is #3 whenever I candle this egg, I can't see anything other than the air cell. This one is filling up the entire egg. I can't tell anything. While I was opening the air cell more, this one seemed to be trying to break free. I stopped and put it back worried that it'd try to hatch even if it's not time. Any thoughts?
20210417_181304.jpg

This is #3 whenever I candle this egg, I can't see anything other than the air cell. This one is filling up the entire egg. I can't tell anything. While I was opening the air cell more, this one seemed to be trying to break free. I stopped and put it back worried that it'd try to hatch even if it's not time. Any thoughts?
View attachment 2622064
How do you know its not ready? Is it bleeding?

This little cutie is so frustrated. I don't believe it will be able to hatch without assistance because there is no room for it to move. I just worry since the last one bled. The membrane is too brown for me to see what's going on
20210417_194214.jpg

#3 was ready and is out now. I honestly don't believe this one would have been able to hatch on it's own. It has dark skin and down with just a little bit of yellow like #1 This one looks tiny and is so precious! I can't wait until it's ready to join it's hatchmates! We've got #4 left to hatch. It's nice being able to see it's beak now

Back
Top Bottom