Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Eeeee!!! :love

She looks just like Margarita to me, we always called her "khaki", or lilac. Technically, I think its chocolate pied.

I don't know whether this is accurate or not, but its my understanding that Magpie is a specific pattern of a color plus white. "Pied" is a take of Magpie, just not exactly the correct pattern to be Magpie, and has more scattered white than bibbed. "Bibbed" is white on the chest only, with consistent color everywhere else on the body.

I had several of that color at one point, and now have none. Margarita never returned. :(
View attachment 2722379
That makes sense

Eeeee!!! :love

She looks just like Margarita to me, we always called her "khaki", or lilac. Technically, I think its chocolate pied.

I don't know whether this is accurate or not, but its my understanding that Magpie is a specific pattern of a color plus white. "Pied" is a take of Magpie, just not exactly the correct pattern to be Magpie, and has more scattered white than bibbed. "Bibbed" is white on the chest only, with consistent color everywhere else on the body.

I had several of that color at one point, and now have none. Margarita never returned. :(
View attachment 2722379
I've thought she favored Margarita so much since you shared the first picture of her. I'm so sorry to hear that she hasn't been seen. That breaks my heart. I loved seeing her pictures as she was a beauty and seemed to be an amazing mother. What threw me off was the amount of white that Faith has, but khaki is the perfect description for her color. My daughter describes it as "bluish tanish" 😂 Faith is also quite petite compared to Lylah. Pictures don't show how much smaller she is for some reason. She's not quite the peanut like Mr. Bobbles, but she's a petite thing. I can easily pick her up with one hand while the others are a little more than a single handful. I'm not worried about her size or anything like that, as she seems healthy and happy and is on her own little growth curve and everything about her is uniform in size. (you all know how I can't help but to ramble on about something 🤣) I'm pretty certain that both of my Grays are drakes. Paisley, the largest one (not significantly larger than the others but the largest of them) is the best little guy with humans, especially me. He is affectionate and enjoys getting attention. He gives off this calming vibe that is so soothing. I just love him! Lylah is still my little character. She MUST be first at everything and she has an amazing LOUD quack that I LOVE! This little sweetie is molting (is this her juvenile molt with incoming adult plumage?) and leaves little feathers everywhere. She seems to be the leader of the flock and enjoys every moment of it. She still loves attention and gently nibbling my hand and arm. I've tried to offer plain yogurt and bananas as treats so far and she was the first to try it. She's not a fan and much prefers grass and dirt 😝 I'll slowly keep trying different treats. My big ducks ONLY like live minnows and water crickets (that I catch from the pond every night) and earthworms that we find while lifting and emptying out their pool. Maybe because they were free ranged during their first year, they never liked the normal treats, so I'm basically new at duck treats again. I did offer my big ducks kale a couple of weeks ago and the girls had a little bit but they weren't really impressed. They'd rather have some weed that grows abundantly in the yard and around the pond. I keep thinking about introducing my bigs to my Littles but I don't know. My bigs are 2 drakes and 2 ducks which isn't the best ratio, but they've been together for almost 2 years now. I feel like adding 2 more drakes and 2 ducks will throw everyone and cause problems. Any thoughts on this? There are 2 pekins, a buff, and a Cayuga. The Pekin Drake is handicapped but he has proven that he can be aggressive and he's a big Pekin so that just sounds problematic. My other Drake is the Cayuga and he's the top Drake. As long as the Pekin stays in line, everything is fine. This sounds like a situation that I shouldn't test, right?

Tallulah! I didn't mention him! Anyone have any masculine name suggestions that maybe sounds a little bit similar? This little guy still sounds like a smoker, but a loud smoker. His bill is turning olive colored though so that's another Drake quality, I believe. He's similar in size to Lylah, maybe a tiny bit smaller. His body shape and overall look seemed feminine and still does, but I guess it's just his youngster looks. Faith is his best bud and she's either sticking with Lylah or Tallulah. He doesn't like attention or affection. I finally found that he does like for me to feed him from my hand. This is his favorite thing, er only thing, to do with humans. He's a handsome little guy though and I love him.

Edited to add: It's so odd that they hatched in the order that I numbered them and they hatched in order of size ~ largest to smallest ❤️

Hope to get pictures of the other little ones today!

As always, I apologize for my rambling, heck with the above post, it's almost like story telling with that novel 🤣

Finally got a picture of the Aztec ducklings all together ❤️
20210617_194157.jpg

Tallulah! I didn't mention him! Anyone have any masculine name suggestions that maybe sounds a little bit similar? This little guy still sounds like a smoker, but a loud smoker. His bill is turning olive colored though so that's another Drake quality, I believe. He's similar in size to Lylah, maybe a tiny bit smaller. His body shape and overall look seemed feminine and still does, but I guess it's just his youngster looks. Faith is his best bud and she's either sticking with Lylah or Tallulah. He doesn't like attention or affection. I finally found that he does like for me to feed him from my hand. This is his favorite thing, er only thing, to do with humans. He's a handsome little guy though and I love him.

Edited to add: It's so odd that they hatched in the order that I numbered them and they hatched in order of size ~ largest to smallest ❤️

Hope to get pictures of the other little ones today!

As always, I apologize for my rambling, heck with the above post, it's almost like story telling with that novel 🤣
Talliho!

Back
Top Bottom