Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

@HeatherKellyB your babies are adorable! The Aztecs are beautiful! Ooh and that little black bibbed one is precious! I’m dying from all the cuteness!:love ❤️

@shawluvsbirds that little duckling is so stinking cute! Is it one of the Cayuga babies or a call? 😍💕
It's a Cayuga.
From the egg I cracked trying to wipe the gunk off.
The Mamas pecked at it and stepped on it and made it worse. Half the shell was literally smashed so I took it before it got killed. Still hatched itself too!
Mama duck wouldn't take it back. She tried to kill it. 😐

It's a Cayuga.
From the egg I cracked trying to wipe the gunk off.
The Mamas pecked at it and stepped on it and made it worse. Half the shell was literally smashed so I took it before it got killed. Still hatched itself too!
Mama duck wouldn't take it back. She tried to kill it. 😐
That's impressive! That little sweetie was determined to be here! Lucky little duckie to have you watching over and now as a bestie ❤️

Have you named it yet? "Lucky" is applicable but I'm terrible at coming up with names

I've decided my Cayugas are $*it mother's. Plus they were trying to co brood...that never seems to work out. I threw one of the mothers off the nest that I suspected to be the one pecking the shells open.
I have the rest of the eggs in the incubator now waiting for this one to have a friend.
One is finally externally pipped as of yesterday.
Three more look like they're still going to take a few days.
I decided it would be best just to finish them in the incubator.
It's just too dang hot for them to be sitting in there on those eggs anyway.

That's impressive! That little sweetie was determined to be here! Lucky little duckie to have you watching over and now as a bestie ❤️

Have you named it yet? "Lucky" is applicable but I'm terrible at coming up with names
She hatched a few minutes before Midnight. (calling it she for good luck 🤪) Had me out in the pitch black shining the flashlight around looking for my brooder supplies.
Midnight will be her name. 😝

Updated pics (of the few that would cooperate)
Swim Shady
Jesus
Fernanda x2
Iggy
20210618_134221.jpg
20210618_134109.jpg
20210618_133959.jpg
20210618_133912.jpg
20210618_133839.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom