Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Also... Does anyone know what Roxy is doing here? She does it all the time. She shakes her head so fast that it looks like she's vibrating it and then zooms up into your hands.

Haha, that's actually an aggressive move. Telling you to get out of her pond!

I think it can be an agressive move or excitement either one.
My drake Duck used to do it to his lady friend and she'd sometimes do it back to him. It seemed like an "ohhh I just love you to pieces" kind of thing when they done it to each other. But When he done it to me it was pretty obvious it meant "hey get outta here"

Last edited:
Meet my latest cutie. I've got to check on that other egg beside her to figure out if she's my last hatcher or next to last hatcher. Hopefully the other egg will hatch since they're a different breed. She'll fit in just fine with the others, but if she has an Aussie friend, that'd be great.
View attachment 2728923
What a cutie! Does the sweetie have a name yet? ❤️ 😍

Let us know how it goes!

Everyone is doing great! Roxy and Butter have been integrated with Rona. I still keep a divider up at times though. Rona didn't get the name B*tch Chicken for nothing.

She's also quite rude.
https://youtube.com/shorts/-Fh8HXL_1tQ?feature=share

The babies are just about completely feathered out. They have been outside full time for a week now. I haven't let them out of their outdoor brooder yet though. They're still small enough to squeeze through my pen.
I was laughing at Rona’s nickname for a good 5 minutes! She seems like quite the character! :lau:p

Also... Does anyone know what Roxy is doing here? She does it all the time. She shakes her head so fast that it looks like she's vibrating it and then zooms up into your hands.
Roxy is adorable!

My call drake Munchie does that all the time! I’ve also seen him occasionally lower his head and raise it really fast when I walk by… the most hilarious though, is when they see a bird or something flying and they all tilt their head and look up at the sky with one eye parallel! :lau

Back
Top Bottom