Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Who will be her boyfriend? I think she should hook up with Bobbles.
She is a cute little thing but she does whatever Lylah tells her to do. Lylah is the boss lady and they all follow her lead 😂 Bobbles has an adorable little girlfriend but I'm sure Faith would welcome his loving

Are your Calls in a covered run or do they free range? I'm mostly curious about them free ranging and if they ever fly off and not come back.

Are your Calls in a covered run or do they free range? I'm mostly curious about them free ranging and if they ever fly off and not come back.
Run is covered. I used to have free range ducks, and they loved it, but I lost a lot of them to predation. They never did take off, though. They liked to fly a few loops around the house, then they'd fly down the hill into the creek.

Adorable! Do you keep all of your ducklings? May I ask how many Calls you have? I'd love to have a large flock like @WVduckchick This is probably far from fact, but I feel like they'd be less likely to fly off if there was a larger flock. I LOVE the idea of free ranging ducks. Although at this time geese have taken over my pond during the day, but looking outside and seeing ducks on the pond was so soothing and relaxing. I love the visiting geese, don't get me wrong, but they are about to break me in feed! They don't seem to even acknowledge the ducks, big or small, but Lylah charges at them whenever they walk by her flock 😂 She's so sassy. I wonder if this is typical of Calls. Did you update your thread with the newest ducklings?

Adorable! Do you keep all of your ducklings? May I ask how many Calls you have? I'd love to have a large flock like @WVduckchick This is probably far from fact, but I feel like they'd be less likely to fly off if there was a larger flock. I LOVE the idea of free ranging ducks. Although at this time geese have taken over my pond during the day, but looking outside and seeing ducks on the pond was so soothing and relaxing. I love the visiting geese, don't get me wrong, but they are about to break me in feed! They don't seem to even acknowledge the ducks, big or small, but Lylah charges at them whenever they walk by her flock 😂 She's so sassy. I wonder if this is typical of Calls. Did you update your thread with the newest ducklings?
I can't keep them all, no. I sell some to help pay their feed bill. I'm at 20 keepers in the palace. I have these 4 littles and 6 still cooking that I can hopefully sell before they eat me out of house and home. And I am DONE hatching for the year. 🤞🤞🤞

Back
Top Bottom