Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Yes! Would love to see comparison pics. It's hard to teally get it in a pic for me. Even the one where she's beside everyone else. The camera angles just don't do her justice. She is smaller than my foot! So petite.

I plan on using her to try and add that size to some shorter bills and rounder heads.
Same thing with Faith. She is tiny but I can't ever get it to show in pictures. She's definitely not unhealthy or anything like that, just super petite compared to the others. Her little webbies are soooo much smaller than the others and her bill is about half as wide as the others. Maybe Lylah is just a big girl. The size difference is crazy though. I see how your little one looks smaller but I bet she's smaller than the picture makes out ♥️

My goodness! Is that your daughter? She's so precious! I LOVE her glasses! Erica (my daughter) wears glasses too 😎 The ducks are so adorable too! Does your daughter have a favorite?
Thank you! Yes, that's Iz. She's had glasses since she was 18 months old. She had surgey on both eyes at 4. Hopefully she won't have to wear her glasses forever, but for now they stay.

She said her faves are Roxy and Butter. Then Flip and Pud. Then Lidus and poor Jason comes in last. 🤣

Thank you! Yes, that's Iz. She's had glasses since she was 18 months old. She had surgey on both eyes at 4. Hopefully she won't have to wear her glasses forever, but for now they stay.

She said her faves are Roxy and Butter. Then Flip and Pud. Then Lidus and poor Jason comes in last. 🤣
What a coincidence! Erica had surgery on her eyes whenever she was 2 & 1/2 years old. She'll need correction forever. Her surgery was for very slight strabismus. Both, me and her dad have really really bad eyes. I'm hoping to get Erica in contact lenses asap. She wanted them last year but didn't like the way they felt (honestly I think the lens was flipped inside out). Hard contact lenses is one option to slow her vision deterioration (myopia). That's the only reason I'd encourage contact lenses for an elementary school aged kid. I hope your daughter gets to be free from glasses at some point. If not, they look really cute on her 💜

What a coincidence! Erica had surgery on her eyes whenever she was 2 & 1/2 years old. She'll need correction forever. Her surgery was for very slight strabismus. Both, me and her dad have really really bad eyes. I'm hoping to get Erica in contact lenses asap. She wanted them last year but didn't like the way they felt (honestly I think the lens was flipped inside out). Hard contact lenses is one option to slow her vision deterioration (myopia). That's the only reason I'd encourage contact lenses for an elementary school aged kid. I hope your daughter gets to be free from glasses at some point. If not, they look really cute on her 💜
Aww, bless her heart.

Iz had moderate strabismus. Poor kidlet. She'll probably wind up with glasses her whole life too.

Yes, me too. Thank you! I think so too. 🥰

@Conan was it you that mentioned one of your ducks always has their bill open? Every time I speak to Lylah's flock, Faith's bill starts up like a wind up toy 🤣 Sometimes noise comes out, sometimes it's just movement. It's so adorable because it helps show her excitement, but it's hilarious especially whenever Lylah has finished up with her call and Faith's bill is moving and only drake noises are heard. I am so happy that I was able to get these sweeties. I hate to be all sentimental, but I LOVE these ducks! Lylah has started chasing Paisley and Tulley and doing the "mine" sideways back and forth head movement towards Tulley. I think she's claiming him (would she be doing this now). I guess that leaves Paisley for Faith, my largest with the smallest 🙃 I have 9 more bantam ducks to possibly integrate. I definitely want to integrate the other 2 Calls and the Aussie Spot that's with them. One of these is quacking (Miley) and the other call doesn't say much as she's always been quite. The spot I'm thinking is a greenhead drake, but I'm not sure. I guess more time will tell. I'm also thinking about integrating the 2 Aztec ducks because they'll be miserable come Spring with 4 drakes and 2 ducks. Even if I integrated all of the Aztec's with Lylah's flock, that'd be 6 drakes on 4 ducks. This doesn't include Miley's flock. Too bad I didn't end up with Mare's ratio as that's like a perfect case scenario. @Overo Mare tell me your tricks 👂👂 I'm all ears!!!

@Conan was it you that mentioned one of your ducks always has their bill open? Every time I speak to Lylah's flock, Faith's bill starts up like a wind up toy 🤣 Sometimes noise comes out, sometimes it's just movement. It's so adorable because it helps show her excitement, but it's hilarious especially whenever Lylah has finished up with her call and Faith's bill is moving and only drake noises are heard. I am so happy that I was able to get these sweeties. I hate to be all sentimental, but I LOVE these ducks! Lylah has started chasing Paisley and Tulley and doing the "mine" sideways back and forth head movement towards Tulley. I think she's claiming him (would she be doing this now). I guess that leaves Paisley for Faith, my largest with the smallest 🙃 I have 9 more bantam ducks to possibly integrate. I definitely want to integrate the other 2 Calls and the Aussie Spot that's with them. One of these is quacking (Miley) and the other call doesn't say much as she's always been quite. The spot I'm thinking is a greenhead drake, but I'm not sure. I guess more time will tell. I'm also thinking about integrating the 2 Aztec ducks because they'll be miserable come Spring with 4 drakes and 2 ducks. Even if I integrated all of the Aztec's with Lylah's flock, that'd be 6 drakes on 4 ducks. This doesn't include Miley's flock. Too bad I didn't end up with Mare's ratio as that's like a perfect case scenario. @Overo Mare tell me your tricks 👂👂 I'm all ears!!!
I assisted them all? Maybe I accidentally halted peen development? 🤣

Back
Top Bottom