Presidential Election - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see an Obama/Biden ticket. I like Hilary, but I find her to be rather cold & wooden. I know that Obama is a new face & doesn't have the experience of others but maybe he will be the 'new broom that sweeps clean'. We need to take the country back from the corporations...who, after all is who run it...and give it back to the people. The republican party don't give a hoot about 'the common man', but it's a fact of life that 'the common man' is the face of America. We supposedly live in the greatest country in the world. How shameful then is it that we have no health care, teachers who are paid a pittance, & seniors who are struggling to make ends meet are losing what benefits they had at an alarming rate. Yesterday, a financier had a $250 millon dollar day. He will pay 15% tax on that days earnings. We pay up to 35% tax of our earnings. Something is definitely not right with that picture. I believe in the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, I believe that I have the right to choose what I do to my body. Religion and politics should be a seperate entity. I am a Democrat & proud of it. We need to get out of this atrocious war...I support the troops 100% but not the war. This is not our war, this is Bush's war and it's all about the oil. This post will probably not make it into the forum, but for what what it's worth, this is my two cents worth. We need to make America proud again.
feldon

My money is on Newt Gingrich. I like his honesty, and he really doesn't want the job.

For those that think George Bush is the worst president we have ever had, let me point out that you are still alive. Terrorist have been able to attack in Indonesia, Egypt, Spain and Britain. So far, buses are not blowing up here like in Israel. Is that just an accident?

"George Bush lied", well how do you know that, oh, the "New York Times" told you so huh? "There were no weapons of mass destruction". Again how do you know that? Iraq is about the size of Texas, and there is plenty of room to hide things. When US forces are out of the area, those weapons will be brought out of hiding. The Kurds and Shia will suffer a horrible fate.

When we are out of the Middle East, gasoline will be $18 a gallon, and the Democrats will scream "Corporate Greed".

Well, just how did the Arabs come to own Halliburton, Venezuela own Citco, and the Chinese Walmart?. Why is it that every thing for sale in the stores is made in China? How many jobs have been shipped to India? The Democrats gave away the Panama Canal, and now it is operated by Hutchinson Whampoa, a company owned by the Red Chinese Army.

If Hillary is elected, our forces will be withdrawn from the Middle East, then Taiwan will fall to Red China without a whimper from the US. South Korea and Israel had better be able to defend themselves, because the US won't.

Think about it.

Rufus

I'm sorry, MT. That honestly was not meant to be a personal attack, but I should have been more tactful. As my Pastor would say 'Sometimes we can be so ''right'' we're obnoxious.'

I find it very interesting that so far all the "Mainers" who have posted on this thread have said they will go blue. Well, maybe not, we are a blue state after all, even though both our senators are Republican. I must say, though, if Olympia Snow was ever put on the presidential ballot I would vote for her, even though she is Republican, she is very democratic.
smile.png
A friend of our family was shot in Iraq (they believe he will be paralyzed for life from the waist down, he is only 23) and Olympia appointed one her personal aids to help out his family, she is very kind and people orientated.

Also, Feldon, very good post!!

I too would vote for Mickey Mouse...I would also vote for Judge Judy. Or a monkey. Frankly, I'll take anybody at this point; anyone is bound to be an improvement. Anyone.

Amy

I actually like reading the replies and would prefer they not be edited out. There are some truely wacked people in this world and when they post or talk about political stuff, they cant help but to show thier true colors. Im new around here so I can use all the help I can get when it comes to weeding out the fuddie duddies. Believe it or not, political threads show peoples thought process and I would prefer to not accept chicken advice from people that cant really grasp reality.

Who am I gonna vote for? Dont know yet, its too early to say. Some people are not even in the race yet, much less had a chance to drop out. Things are wide open yet. Just remember this, if you have decided, you are a base voter and for the most part, your vote dont count (unless you do something that you dont normally do like skip the election if you are a steady voter or vote when you normally dont). The centerists (swing voters) are the ones that decide the elections.

I would prefer to not accept chicken advice from people that cant really grasp reality.

lau.gif

Sorry, that was funny. Reality is subjective. And the topic is upcoming elections. Editing will be done at my discretion.
smile.png

I honestly believe that anyone will be an improvement over the current administration. I mean - did we truly GAIN anything when we as a nation allowed secret prisons, torture, extraordinary renditions? What happened to the concept of "sunshine" in Government - the openess we grew up with is gone. The idea that "We have nothing to fear but fear itself" is also gone. Think about it.

The rule of LAW is one of the most important aspects of America. But today we have people who believe they are above the law. Think about VP Cheney saying the VP is NOT part of the Executive branch. Ok - well if his office isn't part of the Executive Branch then how come he claims "Executive Priv" and keeps his staff from testifying to Congress? Checks and balances are gone.

Another one of our strenghts is the idea of America as a melting pot. Legal immigration has given us a truly open and accepting nation. We generally accept the differences in peoples religions and skin colors. That is one of the things that makes America so great! We can accept Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, etc... Freedom of religion. Freedom of speech.

Who am I leaning towards? Edwards, Obama, Richardson. But whoever wins - I pray they will care more for Country than for Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom