Prettiest Mutt I ever hatched.....

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
This is BabyMama - so named because even before she ever laid an egg, I had her in a brooder coop with about 100 chicks (week old chicks - she was about 4 months old) and she tried to Mother them all
lau.gif
she would herd them around, clucking to them, showing them food, chasing them back into her area - it was the cutest thing. Her mama is a very "motherly" sort, also.

P0003900.jpg

P0003901.jpg

P0003902.jpg

BabyMama's mama - Jr. - was the first chick ever hatched here - she (Jr.) is across between a LF Game roo and a bantam buff columbian "something". So, BabyMama is a cross between Jr. and the same Game roo.

isn't she pretty?

Yes, she is a bit on the hefty side for a bantam
lau.gif
but not too fat, just well endowed - ya gotta have something to cover 100+ chicks
lau.gif
When she is standing upright she is not nearly so fat looking. (but she does eat well
wink.png
)

eta - this is Jr. BabyMama's Mama
100_2162.jpg

100_2167.jpg

9008fb07.jpg

and daddy -

6abbb23d.jpg

b5d27291.jpg

meri

Last edited:
big_smile.png
added pics of mama and daddy chickens.

Ya know, the weird thing is, I tried to sell BabyMama at the auction a few times - no one wanted her because she was a mutt - go figure, I think she's gorgeous, so I'll keep her. If she goes broody like her mama does, she'll be worth keeping. She's already proven that she'll adopt other chicks
lau.gif

Oh, and just to add (not a great pic) this is BabyMama's Grandma. (Jr.'s mama)

P0003201.jpg

meri

Last edited:
Quote:
yeah, she was so cute with those babies.

Her first clutch all died - so this was her second clutch of babies, and the first ones she got to "show off" to the other chickens. She was so proud of those babies
gig.gif

meri

MoJo : I too have hatched a chick that looks identical to yours and it came from a Roo that looks just like yours, she is just stunning, what a coincidence. I really like hatching mutts for my layer flock they allways look so cool.

AL

Quote:
that's cool, I was figuring her patterning came from George (the roo) he has feathers patterned like that on his breast, so BabyMama just got them all over her back.

Jr. had babies of all sorts of colors (witnessed by the pic previously - all are her own eggs) some of them came out more Birchen Game looking, but at least 1/3 came out pure white - no black or other color at all - that was weird. some also came out a mix of black and white, like BabyMama is.

she hatches interesting mixes of babies, that's for sure - can't wait to see what BabyMama will hatch out.

ETA --- I'd love to see pics if ya have any of her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom