pretty good limp

stubbornhill

Songster
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Shapleigh, Maine
My husband told me last night that one of the hens had a pretty good limp. So I went right out to check. Sure enough, quite a limp. Stood there on one leg for a moment and then hobbled off to get away from us. So she can put pressure on it. We caught her and I didn't see anything on her leg or foot. I felt it and it didn't seem broken or anything like that. It was the same temp as her other leg. My husband isntantly said, "well we better get rid of that rooster. I'm sure it was him." I of course said, "we don't know that it has anything to do with the roo". (he is only 17 weeks old and figuring out what he is supposed to do) So we put her in the chicken hospital with some food and water and then covered one end of it with a blanket to keep her quiet. This morning she was in there hoping about a bit. Is there anything else that I should be doing for her other then keeping her segragated and giving her a few days to see if it heals up? Thanks in advance!

That happened to one of my silkies, and it ended up she must've pulled off a toenail. I cleaned it everyday and applied bag balm and let her go about her daily business. Took a couple weeks, but feeling better now.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom