pretty sure ive got a roo???

jencoons

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
So im still hopefull that Gracie can remain Gracie, but we have taken to calling her Dexter....I'm hoping you all can put my fears to rest. These babes are about 16 days old. I really
wanted to add three HENS to my existing flock. So my question is, are they too old to add another baby to? I'd run out today and purchase a fourth if she will integrate with these three?? And is gracie a dexter?

Sorry, but it's too young to tell gender on these birds. I'd post some more photos when they have more feathers, around 6-8 weeks. By then, we should be able to guess.

So the fact that "her" feathers are completely different or non existant is irrelevant? She may remain a she? She has no tail feathers at all, while the other two have about 3/4 inch long tails. Also the feathers on her wings are different shaped. The feathers on her shoulders are just barely starting to peak out, while the other two have had them for about a week. When my other girls were young they all developed at the same rate, so I never questioned their sex.

Back
Top Bottom