Pretty Texas Drakes

Enigmius

Crowing
5 Years
Jan 5, 2018
Mansfield, Tx
I have some pretty Black Runner Drakes(Hatched out on July 4th) that need a good home still. Free for the taking. Daddy was a good boy. If you live outside of the DFW area, we could arrange to meet 1/2 way. Let me know. The little drakes are just starting to get their colors. I'm including a pick of their father so you can see what they will look like once fully developed.
27F8412B-449A-4AA4-97E9-41228C0C7C14.jpeg

I was so hoping you’d found good homes. Such beautiful Runners!

Not yet, unfortunately. I had a few that said they were interested, but after I responded about setting up for a pick-up time, they backed out..or more often the case never replied back. I'm starting to get a little worried. I haven't posted on craigslist, because I'm afraid that will attract people who don't know how to care for ducks properly. But I might have too. It makes me start to think about something completely dreadful..culling, because I can not get that many ducks to offset 6 drakes. It is just not possible. I certainly do not want to cull, and am not sure I could anyhow. But, if I put them on craigslist, is that not the same thing, essentially? <sigh>

Last edited:
I am so sorry as gorgeous as they are you'd think you'd have a lot in takers. Putting them on Craigs list is a gamble for sure. Maybe put out some feelers there and see what you come up with. Have them send pics of their set up and ask what their intentions are. You have every right. I even took mine to their prospective new homes to check the place out. Or go with out them.

Not yet, unfortunately. I had a few that said they were interested, but after I responded about setting up for a pick-up time, they backed out..or more often the case never replied back. I'm starting to get a little worried. I haven't posted on craigslist, because I'm afraid that will attract people who don't know how to care for ducks properly. But I might have too. It makes me start to think about something completely dreadful..culling, because I can not get that many ducks to offset 6 drakes. It is just not possible. I certainly do not want to cull, and am not sure I could anyhow. But, if I put them on craigslist, is that not the same thing, essentially? <sigh>
don't give up on Craig's list..A woman that hatched a dozen of my eggs ended up with 7 drakes to 2 girls and she found someone nearby that wanted only drakes! He didn't want eggs and had a great setup so don't give up!

don't give up on Craig's list..A woman that hatched a dozen of my eggs ended up with 7 drakes to 2 girls and she found someone nearby that wanted only drakes! He didn't want eggs and had a great setup so don't give up!
Oh, and I always interview people who contact me on Craig's list. I let them know right off the bat that these are NOT eating ducks and I want to know how they will be living, housed etc. Don't be afraid to be pushy, these are your babies!

Back
Top Bottom