Preventative Neem Oil on Interior of Coop?

Jennyfrmthblock

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Has anyone tried spraying the inside of their coop with neem oil to prevent infestations? I have a friend who says she has had success, but I was hoping for more anecdotal evidence as to its efficacy. Thanks!!

I have not tried it in a coop but plan to. I have used it to get rid of mites on my plants and it works great. It is best used preventively because it doesn't kill eggs. I have used it after an infestation on my plants but I have to spray it every day for quite a while. It works by being ingested by the bugs so it wouldn't harm bugs that aren't trying to bite your chickens. :)

Hi folks just joined now if the Neem oil is not Strong enough there is the active ingredient called azadirachtin in a couple of Organic formulations 1 AzaMax 2 Azatrol.
Both are Neem oil derived and work in a couple of different ways They are contact killers, they are anti feeder agent anti molltin agent inhibits laying of eggs.
It will kill all insects including the beneficial's but it also have a very short life span always mix fresh it.
Love Neem oil has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine .

Back
Top Bottom