Prevention dose of corid for chicks

So first 3-5 days of 2 teaspoons to gallon of water then 7-14 days ½ teaspoon to gallon of water for prevention

I am wanting to add corid to the waters of my babies next time instead of using medicated feed.

I am wanting to add corid to the waters of my babies next time instead of using medicated feed. What is the prevention dose for babies? I know the adult dose is ½ teaspoon to 1 gallon water but it would be less for babies right?
PS don't all of you be asking me why I don't just use medicated chick starter. I have a certain brand I want and it's not medicated.

I usually keep them inside for 4.5-5 weeks then move them to the grow out coop till they are 18-20 weeks as I have quite a few big hens who would crush the Littles

You also have 3...threads concerning Coccidiosis, feed, sprays, etc etc. It's not that complicated imho. Sprays are vaccines used by hatcheries.
You will never make your birds "Immune" to Coccidia. They can build resistance to the strains found in their environment.

Why do you say "IF you feel you MUST give them Corid, then wait a week or so before you treat them."
I have had previous signs of coccidia in my older flock and just brought home a new batch of chicks, guessing they are 3 weeks old. I don't have them on medicated feed and have corid on hand.
Is it best to wait for signs in the chicks to treat them? They've been brood outside and outside the whole time. Just not sure if the previous ranch had coccidia cases previously
I was addressing the OP and their specific situation.
I'm not going to go back and search for all the threads they had made during that timeline concerning Coccidiosis, Feed, Sprays, etc. etc. They had already been given info on numerous threads and my reply to the OP was partly an accumulation of all the info I had gathered by reading their other threads.

It can take 3-7 days for chicks to become infected by oocysts. So it would be a good idea if you are putting chicks on New Ground to go ahead and provide them with Corid.

Dose for liquid Corid is 2tsp or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given as the only source of drinking water for 5-7 days.

Don't mess with "preventative" doses. Just give the normal dose as I have posted above.
Corid is mild, it's not an antibiotic and it won't hurt them. Don't give any extra supplements, vitamins, electrolytes, etc. during the course of treatment.

I'm not going to go back and search for all the threads they had made during that timeline concerning Coccidiosis, Feed, Sprays, etc. etc. They had already been given info on numerous threads and my reply to the OP was partly an accumulation of all the info I had gathered by reading their other threads.

It can take 3-7 days for chicks to become infected by oocysts. So it would be a good idea if you are putting chicks on New Ground to go ahead and provide them with Corid.

Dose for liquid Corid is 2tsp or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given as the only source of drinking water for 5-7 days.

Don't mess with "preventative" doses. Just give the normal dose as I have posted above.
Corid is mild, it's not an antibiotic and it won't hurt them. Don't give any extra supplements, vitamins, electrolytes, etc. during the course of treatment.
Yes sorry about all the threads :oops:

@Wyorp Rock as always thank you for you quick direct advice! Will do! :D

Back
Top Bottom