Prices for sexed Lavender Orpingtons?

we are working with a lavender line from greenfire farms an crossing them with black english roo.we sell dayolds lavenders for 8$.they are very hard to sex as posted they need alot of work an there feathering comes in alot diff they reg orps we wont sex them till like 8-10 weeks then we get 15$ a pullet.we get 40$ for laying hens.we keep all the splits to grow out an pick what we want to better the breed this year we will be growning out about 70-80 splits an only keeping 2 roos an 7 pullets for breeding next year.

Well I do have a pair . rooster and hen.english lavender orpingtons.I will let you guys know when I have some for sale.
.beutiful Birds

Hi everyone!

So there is this lady who I am getting some Blue, Black, Splash, and possibly lavender chicks from. The total for the 6 BBS chicks is 50$. Then she told me that her 3-4 week old, sexed, lavenders were 100$ each! Then she said that because they are for 4H she would cut down the price to 50$ each. This still seems like alot to me. What do you guys think? What is a reasonable price?

Any help is much appreciated!
Honestly, I bought my lavender Orpingtons for about 4-7 dollars a piece. Thats not sexed of course. $50 a piece would be more for a laying hen full grown in my opinion. But that still is on the high side. I just had to give up my handsome Lavender Orpington rooster, he was a yr and a half and he sold for $30-$50 at a feed store. I live in Central Florida. Hope this helps. If they are full grown, they can get pricy.. anywhere from $15-$50 depending on the size, age and breed. (Just my experience, I'm not an expert😉)

Back
Top Bottom