Pricing eggs for sale from home

Around here $3 or $4 per dozen isn't unusual for farm-fresh eggs.

Heck, the good grocery store eggs are $2.67/dozen so I certainly wouldn't charge less than $3.

I just learned that there are some chefs in my area willing to pay up to $6.00 a dozen for auracana eggs. Haven't confirmed it yet, but I know people who are getting $4.00 a doz. selling to their neighbors.

HI I sell mine for $2.00 a doz. I have no problem getting that. To be honest I have not looked at egg prices in a store for a long time. I will have to look and see. I think $1.50 is way to cheap. I sell almost $100.00 a month in eggs, my girls pay for themselves, I have started to keep track to I know for sure. Good luck with your egg sales.

Wait a minute, these are eggs from pet chickens that have been fed with nothing but the finest of feeds. Housed in the best quarters mankind can devise. Why aren't these eggs being sold for $10/dozen or more.

I'm sorry, I tease. Good luck in getting rid of your extra eggs. Why I love my bantams, don't have that problem..
big_smile.png
My hens tell me I get all the eggs I need. If they decide to grace me with an egg, I'm to bow down to them. Their free ranging eating bugs and keeping lions from attacking is all they think they have to do to justify their existance..........

Last edited:
I pay $2 a dozen here in Maine. I certainly wouldn't let yours go for any less either. I like the idea of the .25 off if they bring their own carton too.
I hope to get going here and sell my eggs next year.
Good luck to you.

I've been having family and friends start saving cartons for when mine start laying. I am gonna do the refill thing too. Might as well save money and help the enviroment. I plan on charging at least 3. Probably 4 or 5 for Americaunas. My brother said he'd pay me 4$ for eggs so I should be able to get more than that from strangers. I'm near Bloomington IN. I havent looked at the healthfood grocery store to see their prices for organic eggs. I'll let you know.

While we are waiting for our girls to lay we buy from local farmer for $2.50/doz these are mixed eggs of mixed sizes, we are most happy to get farm fresh eggs and when he raised from $2. to $2.50 we had no problem with the increase in price. Cage free eggs in our local stores are $3-$4/doz....If the local farmers up their prices I'll pay until I get my own eggs...I just can't stomach the thought of store bought eggs....I really think it's unfair to compare prices of homegrown eggs to battery/cage-free/organic store bought eggs, the quality just isn't the same.

I sell mine in 4 packs. $1.25 each so a dozen goes for $3.75. That is for large eggs, the banty eggs We usually eat (only have 1), but if I had extra they would go for $0.75 a 4 pack or $2.25

Don't accept anything less. There are paying customers out there who want your eggs. Send the cheepies to walmart & let the guys who want good eggs buy them.

I sell them for $2.00 a dozen, you can't compare them to store eggs!
They are so much better! I even have a customer who buys all my duck eggs also!
She is from albania and loves the duck eggs!
I cook with them, they are really rich though.

Back
Top Bottom