Printable walk in coop plans

Tysthe1

Hatching
Aug 7, 2022
Hello
I am looking for printable walk in coop plans. I saw a really great pallet plan but it is not printable or downloadable. If you have any could you please put them in this thread.

Thank you, Kristina

Hello
I am looking for printable walk in coop plans. I saw a really great pallet plan but it is not printable or downloadable. If you have any could you please put them in this thread.

Thank you, Kristina
Welcome to BYC!! :frow
Do you have construction experience and the tools to do the work?
Have you considered starting with a used shed and converting it?
I have both extensive construction experience and all the tools to do a build from the ground up but it is MUCH easier to convert an existing structure.

Welcome to BYC!! :frow
Do you have construction experience and the tools to do the work?
Have you considered starting with a used shed and converting it?
I have both extensive construction experience and all the tools to do a build from the ground up but it is MUCH easier to convert an existing structure.
Hello
I have the needed experience and tools I dont have an existing structure to use and I am sourcing free materials so I am looking for good printable plans that I can use.
Thank you

Hello
I have the needed experience and tools I dont have an existing structure to use and I am sourcing free materials so I am looking for good printable plans that I can use.
Thank you
Sourcing free materials rather limit you to what you have on hand. Printable plans usually have specified dimensions and lengths. So based on the fact that you have the needed experience and tools, it might be better for you to just start looking through the coop pages to see what you like and make your own plans from there.

Welcome to BYC. Where, in general, are you located? If you put your location into your profile we can give better-targeted advice because climate matters.

In addition to your location, how many chickens do you want to house? What breeds are you interested in? Bantam or large fowl?

A lot of the coop pages members have created include plans. For example, this is my Little Monitor Coop:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-little-monitor-coop.76275/

It's designed specifically to meet the minimums for 4 hens and to work well in most climates, but particularly a hot climate. :)

It includes these plans:
0125211426-jpg.2502591
0125211427-jpg.2502592
0125211427a-jpg.2502660
0125211427b-jpg.2502673

But I strongly suggest that you read the article as well as just looking at the plans because I included extensive photos of every structural element and others have made similar articles.

Once you let us know about your climate and your chickens I can recommend some other good coop pages.

Last edited:
You could also look for shed plans online and then make the modifications needed during construction. I don't think there's really a big difference besides ventilation between a shed and a coop. Framing nesting boxes with outside access is easy if they're internal and should be similar to framing a window or door.

If you have time to gather the materials, you could consider combing through cull piles until you get the materials you need. It's not free, but it should be cheaper? Do you have access to pallets?

Back
Top Bottom