Prissybator working!

*****I suppose from a hatchery's perspective, I have had a poor hatch. But if you are not in it for a commercial reason, you can afford a less-than-perfect rate. I suppose if you have shipped eggs, or eggs from delicate breeds, that it would be more important to get variables like temp and humidity "right". But I had fresh mutt eggs from a nearby farmer, so they are probably more "idiot proof".*****

Idiot-proof....should be amended to "experimentation friendly" lol.

Congrats on the babies!!!

YAY for little chickies!

I also have a silkie sitting on eggs
jumpy.gif
due this week Thurs is day 21 but my neighbor said give her until Friday to hatch
fl.gif
when I candle the eggs they were not hot just warm she would also come out and eat for 5 mins or so before she would go back in to sit on her eggs. The past few days she stays out less and less time, today she did come out broody poop gives it away and yesterday and today her poop was right in front of her nesting box, so she is not coming out and walking around as much as she did. My point is even the hens change the temps and humidity when they leave the nest so i don't think it would hurt if temps or the humidity swings a little. Great hatch rate you made your bator and you had chicks hatch successful you should be very proud
clap.gif
clap.gif

I only hope is that my homemade bator works as well.

Back
Top Bottom